Chapter 12

Hey guys! Yeah yeah , it's been a while. Sorry about that. It's finally summer here. Yay! I've actually been having classes this summer. Singing and piano classes. A lot of them. I finally have the time to write after being away from Microsoft for so long. Ha ha. Hope this chapter's worth the long wait, yeah?

- xLittleMonstahX

--------------

-Chapter 12-

Monday morning.

Four days since I had run and refused to leave home.

Four days since I had seen Drew.

“Honey, you’re running late for school. Are you sure you are well enough to go?” My mother asked with great concern, her figure emerging from behind my door.

I stared at my reflection upon the mirror, ignoring her question for a moment.  Surprisingly, I had not looked bad or sickly in the least. My face---although slightly pale----looked quite healthy.  The bags under my eyes slowly began to disappear, leaving my eyes looking far better than it used to. I was certain that I had looked better due to the fact that for the past days, I had done nothing but sleep.

“Alice?”

I finally turned towards her. Her face had shown nothing but pure worry. I smiled slightly. “Yes, I’m well enough,” I answered truthfully. I walked out of my room with confidence, despite the fact that I had not the slightest idea what to expect should I see Drew in school today.

--------------

“Alice! Hey, I called you but you never answered!” Bianca accused, as she hurriedly walked towards me. Her voice had sounded different, yet I could not tell what had made it so.

I smiled. “Yeah, I’m sorry. I was slightly out of it for the past days, actually.”

As she neared me, I could see how her make-up had been hurriedly applied and her eyeliner smudged slightly. Her hair had been a tangled mess, although it had not been that apparent. “Oh, okay that’s cool. Are you fine now?” she asked, her voice unusually shaky.

I narrowed my eyes in great suspicion. “I—yes. Hey, was there an important reason as to why you called me, Bianca?” I asked with a tone calm yet holding curiosity and suspicion. Surely it had to be something for Bianca had not called me once in the past.

Her eyes refused to meet mine, her gaze focused upon nothing but the floor. She chewed on her lower lip with discomfort, before finally speaking. “No, no reason at all,” she muttered. For the very first time for as long as I had known Bianca, she looked innocent--- vulnerable.  That had definitely been wrong. “Hey, I’ll see you in class, alright Alice?” she said, as she began to head away from me.

“What? Hey, where is Stefani?” I asked.

“How am I supposed to know? We’re best friends but it’s not like I stalk her so,” she replied with a tone that had been harsher than normal. She turned away once more, leaving me behind.

“Wait, Bianca!” I pleaded, as I hurriedly went after her.  I pushed passed several people, refusing to care whether or not I have hurt them. “Bianca!” I called, quickly striding towards her disappearing body. After a long moment, I finally caught her by the arm, only to stumble back as she pulled away from me.

“What? Look, just stop. Okay? I don’t wanna talk right now. I’m heading to class,” she said, before disappearing once more.

I gave a sigh of frustration, before heading to class myself just as the bell rang.

---------

“Hey, Alice!” a familiar voice called out, as I neared the cafeteria.

I turned towards the voice, my gaze falling upon Stefani as she headed towards me. I smiled and waved at her. “Stefani!” I felt a smile spread across my face, as I watched her push her way towards me.  She looked as though she was about ready to squeal in excitement. “Hey, did something happen?” I asked, unable to stop myself from producing laughter as she had finally reached me.