Chapter 11 - Part 2 of 2

Hey guys! Just so you know, I kept my promise! =) It's nearly midnight here and I am soooooo sleepy, but hey! It's still Sunday :)

I apologize for not uploading sooner but yeah, I've been busy. So, I'll keep this short because I want my bed. Now.

This hasn't been edited properly and I'll be re-editing this tomorrow if necessary, But for now, here's the much awaited chapter =D

xLMX

************

Chapter 11 -Part 2 of 2-

I sighed, as I felt the butterflies arise from my stomach. Here he was, Drew, and I was certain now that there was absolutely nothing that stood between me and the answers I had long desired for. This was what I had been waiting for. This had been it.

I felt him near me, and as he grew closer towards me, my thoughts had seized to remain coherent. It took me a moment to speak, for I found it difficult to form words. "So, what did you mean? What haven't I forgotten, Drew?" I queried, as I began to come into confusion. Whatever had he meant by those words? I was much too confused to bother putting the pieces together.

He chuckled lightly. "'Yes, I am human, like you. I can do special things but I'm still human.' Does that sound the slightest bit familiar, Alice?" he murmured softly, his voice filled with amusement as he took a seat alongside me.

I thought for a moment, for the line had sounded much too familiar. I gasped. No, it had not been possible. Drew could never have been the blue-eyed boy I had met so long ago. I was certain now that it had indeed been him, yet my mind could not accept the fact that it was so.

"Hey, what are you doing? You're gonna fall and break your arm!"

"Move away or you're going to get hurt."

"Okay, I'm-"

"How did you do that?"

"Hey, don't be afraid. I would not hurt you, I promise."

. "Why would you think I was scared that you'd hurt me? You are just a human, right?"

"Yes, I am human, like you. I can do special things but I'm still human."

I held my head in my hands, as I attempted to deal with the very fact that Drew was indeed the little boy who had become my first friend. I should have been happy, yes for here he was before me once more, yet I could feel nothing but confusion and disbelief.

"Are you alright, Alice?" Drew asked, his voice filled with worry.

I turned towards him, taking in how he looked for the first time since he had showed. My breath caught in my throat and for a moment, I could do nothing but gape at him. Looking at him had been similar to taking a breath of fresh air---- it had truly felt amazing.  He wore dark clothing yet again---- similar to those he wore that night. As my gaze landed upon his violet eyes, I immediately felt myself lost within them.

"I-I...Yes, I'm fine," I had managed to stutter. I quickly turned away from him, in order to think clearly. "I... You..How?" I hoped dearly that I had made sense, for I was unable to form knowledgeable sentences.

He chuckled lightly, causing goose bumps to arise from my skin.  "It is quite a long story, I admit. But would you like to hear it, Alice?"

I nodded as my heart raced. This had been it. He was going to tell me what I had longed to hear for so long. "Tell me, how did you jump off that building without killing yourself? And what... did you mean when you told me long ago that you were an evolution yet you were still human?" I asked, eyeing him with curiosity and interest.