Chapter 1- Part 2 of 2

Hey guys! :) thanks for reading! I love you! :3 ...haha..x) soo yeah this used to be called chapter 2 but I decided to make this part of chapter 1 thus the title :P oh and btw, I added something short at the bottom. Just an explanation of the upcoming Chapter 2 ;)

Enjoy! Lovelovelove

-xLittleMonstahX

*****

I surged towards my bathroom in haste. I staggered completely as I felt an agonizing pain arise from within my stomach. My sobs grew louder than ever, no longer under my control for I was certain of what was coming. I pushed the toilet lid open, feeling bile rise up towards my burning throat and slowly make its way out of my trembling lips. I willed myself to shut my eyes, certain I could not possibly bear to see the sight before me. I pressed my fragile body against the hard wall, as I felt my knees crumple beneath me. I sank onto the cold bathroom floor, no longer able to remain standing. I brought my knees closer to myself, as I wept in agony.

-------------

I remained crumpled on the floor, lying completely motionless onto my back. My eyes felt heavier than I had thought possible, though it had long refused to shed more tears. I knew quite well that I could not stay here any longer, as I had been here for more than a few hours now. I had not the slightest idea of whatever was happening outside my bathroom; however I honestly could not care less.

I struggled as I attempted to stand, my legs feeling numb. I flushed the bile that had remained in the toilet, slamming the bathroom door shut as I headed towards my window. My breath had continued to smell like bile, since I had not bothered to do anything about the fact that it had smelled so.

I fixed my gaze onto the dark night sky, as I felt the cold wind caress my skin ever-so-gently. I shivered, the-

I heard the faint, yet unmistakable sound of an ongoing argument. "You just don't get it!" I heard my mother shriek, her voice now strained and as weary as it had ever been.

"Honey, I know you are not in good terms with our daughter. But please, if only you would listen to me."

Dad.

I quickly tore my gaze away from my window, heading towards the door. Silently, I slipped out of my room and walked towards my parents' bedroom. The argument grew more distinct as I edged closer.

"You don't understand, William. Our daughter has gastric cancer and she is dying, you understand me? Dying!" my mother yelled, yet again.

Cautiously, I placed an ear against their door, listening intently. "Honey, I am aware of what our daughter has," my father responded, his voice soothing and sounding as though he attempted to calm my grieving mother.

"But you are never with her. Our daughter is dying and you are never with her. William, we only have six months. Just six months. ." my mother trailed off.

I heard my father groan out in anger. "I'm sorry, okay? Look at me, Nicole! I am never with our daughter because I cannot bear to see her," my father reasoned, yet his voice came unsteady.

My mother broke down once more, sobbing frantically. "You are afraid to look at your own daughter? I can't take it anymore, William!"

I flinched, as I heard the piercing sound of shattering glass. "Okay, now what? She would know we're arguing," my father hissed, his voice filled with rage.

"I couldn't care less, William. She has refused to take any treatment for her disease. She has refused surgery, chemotherapy, even radiotherapy. And the closest thing she takes to medication is pain killers!" My mother's voice turned hoarse, as she continued to screech.

"But that is only because those medications would only lengthen her life, Nicole. It would not even cure her. No, it is far too late for that!"

I quickly jerked my head up, as I felt a trembling hand grasp my shoulder. "Why are they fighting?" Amy asked, her voice quivering slightly.

I hugged her closer to myself, stroking her hair ever-so-gently. "No, Amy please don't cry. It's nothing you should worry about," I assured her, yet I was certain she did not believe me. I took her small hands into my own, as I walked her back towards her bedroom.

"Wait, Alice," I heard my mother call, as a door slammed shut.

I refused to turn back, for my anger began to rise. I quickened my pace, dragging Amy with myself. I did not want anything to do with anybody right now.

Especially my mother.

"Alice, will you please listen to me!"

I sighed in defeat, crouching as I whispered to Amy. "Go ahead, Amy. I have to talk with mommy."

She stared at me with confusion, not quite understanding.

I nodded weakly, as I squeezed her small hands in reassurance.

She hugged me once more before obediently heading towards her bedroom.

I shut my eyes in anger, folding my arms across my chest. "What?" I demanded, yet my voice was no louder than a whisper.

"Will you at least let me explain?" my mother begged.

I took a deep breath, as I opened my eyes to glare at her. "What is there to explain?"

Her lips remained pursed, her brows furrowing.

"I thought so," I scoffed in irritation. I began to walk away as I felt tight hands grasp my wrist. I froze in place, though I refused to look at my mother.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm doing the best I can to be a mother, but I'm not perfect," she whispered.

"What?" I asked, as I stood dumbfounded. I had not expected her to speak.

"Can I ask you something?" my mother asked suddenly, uncertainty apparent in her voice.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, for it clearly was not a good idea. "You already are."

She shook her head in sadness. "Why didn't you agree, for surgery? For radiotherapy? Not even chemotherapy."

I took a cautious step back, as I pulled my wrist free of her hold. "As dad said, it would only make my life longer. Why prolong this life? It would not be worth it. With all the money you would waste, only to prolong the hurt."

My mother collapsed onto the floor, her head turned sideways, and her fists clenched tightly as she wept in silence.

"Mom. . ." I started to say, though I was cut off as my father appeared.

"Dad, I-"

"No, Alice. Don't."

A fresh set of tears began streaming down my face, as I ran towards my bedroom. As soon as I reached my room, I locked my door in haste, and wept. I felt my knees buckle from underneath me and soon enough gave in to my weight.

-----

I sat on my window sill, yet again that night. And as I stared at the starless night sky, I began to wonder how long I had been kept in my house, forbidden to leave.

And then it hit me.