Chapter 5

I look up in time to see him collapse.

Drew is dead. KIDDING! Yeah, hahah that was an epic fail x)

So sorry this took forever. Again! It was quite hard to write this and this chapter is looooong!( or at least I think it is XD)

Oh do you like the book cover? A hugamongous thanks to @mariaannareese for that =] she's awesome so go read her poems!

Enjoy! Thanks for voting and commenting and reading!

Xo Sandra ;)

P.S this is "Dying with cancer. . " with a new title!

DREW IS NOT A VAMPIRE! I REPEAT DREW ZACHARY HANSON IS NOT A VAMPIRE! =]

----------

-Chapter 5-

I felt my breathing turn rapid and shallow, as if I were beginning to hyperventilate. My gaze remained locked with his, seeming as though I was not capable of looking elsewhere. As he stood before me neither of us moved, and I did not dare speak.

He continued to stare at me intently, like there had been something he had expected to happen, yet it had not. I fought to control myself, making certain I did not move. I gave him a faint smile, and with that, he looked as if he had finally awoken from his earlier trance.

"Hello Alice," Drew finally spoke up, as a breathtaking smile appeared across his thin, beautiful lips. His voice remained calm, although it had been quite difficult to miss whatever else it had contained.

Uncertainty, perhaps?

I nodded, for it had been the only response that came to mind. I felt the need to speak up, and thus said the first thing that I had thought of. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He smiled in a calm manner, before shaking his head in disagreement. "No. I believe the question should have been, whatever are you doing here Alice?" he countered, genuine curiosity taking over his calm voice as he spoke.

It took a while for me to respond, as my heart was pounding wildly inside my chest. I fought to calm down, though failed for my heart would not obey. "Alright, I guess you do have a point there," I agreed, though it came only as a mere whisper.

His smile became triumphant, his eyes urging me to continue speaking. "Go on, then." His gaze remained fixed upon my face, as if to await my reaction.

My weight began to shift from one foot to the other in discomfort, for I felt self-conscious under his intent stare. It took great effort to simply think of a reasonable response, though fortunately, I was able to come up with one. "I was having a horrible day and I felt the need for some air, so I wandered around here," I mumbled, my lips feeling as though they would not stop trembling.

He seemed to ponder over my response for a moment, before nodding. "I see. Would you care to explain what had caused your awful morning?" he asked.

I felt a frown begin to form across my face, deepening almost immediately because I was unable to respond as quickly as I had hoped to.

Firstly, being as how my heart had been pounding rapidly, it was quite

impossible to think at this point.

And secondly, because I was certain my stomach was performing gymnastics.

I thought for a moment, attempting to come up with a response. "Well, everyone was very welcoming," I reasoned finally, though I chose my words carefully so as to not hand him too much information.

He smiled with understanding, although it was difficult to tell whether it had been a smile or if it had been a smirk. "I see you are not a fan of attention."