Part 25

Part 25:

Damon’s P.O.V

It’s a rare day that I have Devil May Cry all to myself, and no one to be clinging on my arm, or mocking me for my plight. So I guess it was why Vergil decided to appear to me with a new visitor in tow.

Actually, it was the visitor who came to me, before Vergil came in and explained himself. By then, I had been majorly pissed, and had maybe insulted our new visitor a few times before I could help it. But in my defence, I was speaking for Dante’s sake when I insulted him.

I wasn’t sure if he ever forgave me for my words, but I guess that’s what he had to do anyway. I, after all, was pulled into this world, and he was part of this mess.

Like I was saying, it was a rare day that I had to myself. I was lying on the couch, listening to the rain pour outside. Trish was going on a solo mission herself, and Lady –luckily –had some dealings with a few people from the next town. Dante had decided for strawberry sundae, and Patty hadn’t come for quite some time. So I had the place to myself, and I had nothing to do.

I could not stop thinking about Trish, about the moments we kept on sharing unintentionally between us. There had been many recurring moments that happened. We did not pretend that nothing happened, but it was hard to pretend to ignore it while Lady was around. Dante obviously picked up on something between Trish and me, but he strangely wasn’t talking about it. I took to notice that he simply never spent any time around anymore when Lady came by. He would either conk himself out asleep, or escape for strawberry sundaes.

If I didn’t know better, I would think that he was trying to avoid Lady. For whatever reason, I wouldn’t know even if my life depended on it.

Trish had taken my phone to talk to Marcy. Those two were growing closer, almost like sisters. It was a pity they never met, and from what Trish told me in the times we spent alone, she really liked Marcy. She said it was a pity that my sister wasn’t here, before she realized she wished for Marcy to be stuck here like me. The moment shared between us at that time was when I was trying to comfort her, saying it was okay to have such thoughts, since the both of them were getting on well.

These days, my phone perpetually stayed with Trish, and I rarely heard Marcy anymore. After that outburst I had about Mum, Marcy had been kind of sensitive about talking about Mum. And since nothing much had happened to either of us these days, we had nothing much to talk about, so I left my phone with Trish to entertain that kid sister of mine.

It was pouring outside while I laid on the couch, waving Yamato in the air above me, watching as it sliced through air. The sword was brilliant –I could not emphasize it enough. Whoever who made this sword should be given a reward of whatever he or she wanted. I thanked the day that Vergil stole this sword from the kid Nero.

Nero. I wondered how he was doing. After all, the Order of the Sword seemed to treat him like he was a piece of shit to be scraped from the floor. He had bright talent and a fire for fight. He had Sparda’s blood, and that should be incentive enough for him to leave that place. Perhaps he only wanted to stay because of his lover, Kyrie.

Perhaps I should give the kid a call to persuade him and his lover to move here, away from that Order of the Sword. The kid’s fire for demon-hunting should not be suppressed by those political figures in that place.

Lightning flashed, and almost immediately, my thoughts were drawn to Trish. How was she doing on her solo mission? Did she have to summon lightning? Maybe that was why the clouds had gathered: to lend her a hand.

My sweet thoughts about my out-of-reach-lover were pulled away from my mind when I heard an urgent knock on the door.

Even before I could pull myself to sit upright, the door opened and closed.