Part 41 (end)

A/N: And it finally ends! Special thanks and apology to the most awesome MoonlightHope28! I hope this is a perfect Christmas/ 20-12 gift to all Devil May Cry fanfic writers! I'm considering coming up with a sequel, though. Should there be any? Please leave your comments!

Part 41:

Things began to settle down afterwards, and though Dad and I had an argument about Trish, Mum was there for me –for the first time in my entire life –as she stood up by my side. She told Kevin with a stern and final voice that if Trish was what made me happy, then she would let Trish stay.

My girlfriend had tried to leave the safety of my home, embarrassed that she had been the one to cause a rift between my father and me, but Daniel and Marcy had saved me from scouring the entire world for her, because they had been the ones who caught her packing her bags.

Much as things seemed smoothed out –with Dad finally getting warm to the idea of my girlfriend living with me –Trish was still trying her best to fit in.

We found out that Trish was fully human here, since my world consisted of no demons. Yet, she was still more physically inclined –a little like me. She ran faster, was stronger and had better reflexes than anyone. We briefly considered letting her start a private eye business with me helping her out, but shot down that thought quickly after we realized that Trish had no certificates at all.

Daniel and I managed to contact a seedy underground business that belched out Trish’s fake info almost immediately when we threw money their way. And since we had a story to keep up, it was agreed between the four of us that Trish had been ‘helping’ me while I had been escaping from the kidnapping, and that incident caused me to develop feelings for the ‘poor orphaned Trish’.

The story sure opened up my Mum’s heart towards the woman I considered my lover.

Daniel got pretty jealous at one point. You see, after Trish dropped in on us, it authenticated the truth that Marcy and I had been trying to get him to see. There was no way he could say that the Devil May Cry World was a fluke, since Trish was the perfect evidence. So he grudgingly accepted the fact that I had been there.

It was afterwards that he got jealous. He got jealous for the fact that he wasn’t the one Vergil called over. I explained to him that I was Vergil’s other half, but Daniel acted like a total ass –perfectly like Dante –and refused to listen. We had an argument and a short fist-to-fist scuffle before Rainer and Mum broke us up. Marcy came to me that night, telling me that what Daniel was really jealous about was that I found my lover in that world and Daniel did not even get to see a single glimpse of the one he was infatuated with –Lady.

Marcy, Trish and I shared laughs that night, remembering how Dante and Lady had gotten together. In one world, Dante and Lady was a couple, and yet here, in my world, Dante’s other half was still thinking longingly of the woman he would never meet.

Trish felt kind of sad for Daniel afterwards, and made me apologize to him. And since there was only one way to cheer up someone like him, I treated him to a hearty meal of Dante’s favorite pizza. Daniel and Dante had identical appetites, I must say. Mum had been tearing her hair out for years trying to persuade my younger twin to not be snacking on pizzas and strawberry sundaes so often.

We got on perfectly well afterwards. Trish declared that she had the best time ever playing the entire Devil May Cry Series, though she had been once part of everything. She got curious about Lucia in Devil May Cry 2, but no one actually knew where the real Lucia was in the DMC World.

And then a new year started.

It was the first day of school all over again for me. Marcy had breezed past her finals, and was finally moving on from that childish school of hers. Daniel was taking up random courses –just like me –to pass the time away. We were just enjoying our lives now, since we had only a little more than a year to relax and enjoy; before we took over Kries Tech.