Part 39

Avery wakes up the next morning to somebody banging on her bedroom door.

Well, it isn't her bedroom, and she doesn't know how she got to this room, but she's fully clothed and tucked in like a burrito, so she knows one of the girls probably put her to bed.

She has a slight headache, made worse by the banging on the door, but she doesn't move.

"Where is he?" She croaks out loud, and Sonya sighs dramatically.

He isn't here, you dumb bitch, she responds, and Avery furrows her brows.

Where is he, then?, she asks, her tone a little sad.

I don't know, probably his room? It's 6 am, I imagine he's still asleep, Sonya grumbles, and she can picture her wolf flinging herself back onto the ground.

Why are we not in his room?, Avery asks, and as she asks, she remembers their almost argument, and her walking out.

That's why, Sonya chirps helpfully, now please answer the door, or I'll shift and scare them away.

Avery reluctantly climbs out of her warm burrito, a scowl on her face as the cold air of the room hits her legs.

Opening the door dramatically, her eyes land on her fully dressed brother, who looks ridiculously unwell.

"Hello, we're leaving in twenty minutes," he mutters, leaning against her door frame.

As he gets a little closer to her, the smell of alcohol hits her nose, and she gags, pushing him away from her.

"Did you go for a swim in tequila last night? Jesus Christ, it's coming out of your pores," she groans, her voice scratchy and her throat a little raw.

Yeah, you cried for two hours last night, I'm surprised you can open your eyes, Sonya grunts, and Avery ignores her.

"Why twenty minutes?" She asks curiously, and York states at her blankly.

"Because I don't want to talk to Alpha Connors," he says as if it was apparent.

Avery raises a brow at his attitude but attributes it to his drinking.

"Are you okay?" She asks, moving over so that he can walk into the room.

"I feel like death defrosted," he mutters, diving into the sheets on the bed, and putting his head under the pillows.

"Why?" She calls as she rummages through her cases, slightly horrified by the messy packing awaiting her in them.

"I got smashed. I got annoyed with Louisa, and I always drink after I talk to her," he says into the pillow, his words muffled.

Avery just about makes out what he's trying to say, and she simply raises an eyebrow as she pulls out a pair of leggings and a sweater, along with underwear and toiletries.

"Don't fall asleep, I'll be ready in two minutes," she warns, walking into the bathroom, which, she notes, is much nicer than the one she had in the room she and Roman shared.

True to her word, two minutes later she's out of the bathroom, and is greeted by the sight of her two friends and York all sitting on her bed, the two girls looking a lot more human than her grey sibling.

"Good morning," Meredith grins, a nervous smile on her face.

"Hello, we brought breakfast to you so that you didn't have to see him," Lilith adds, pointing to a tray of pastries and fruit which sit on the dresser.