Shoto x Reader (Control)

YOUR POV
I've never been good at handling my feelings. Ever since I was young people have been afraid of me. When I was in pre-school I never talked to anyone. Then when the day came where some kids wanted to play with me, my anxiety got the best of me and I basically exploded. That's how I found out how dangerous my quirk was. It's called dark magic, with it I can blast beams of dark matter and levitate almost anything. When my emotions take control I lose control. Those kids that day that made me nervous, they all ended up in the hospital.

Everyone who knew or saw me were afraid of me. Even my parents who live in America, that's why I was shipped away to Japan to be with my grandfather to train my quirk. Even after that incident I was still determined to become a hero.

My grandfather used to be a mentor at U.A. and taught some of the greatest hero's to date like All Might and Endeavor. My grandfather kept in contact with Endeavor and found out he had a kid around my age. That's how Shoto and I met. We would train together and hang out outside of the the training grounds. He became my best friend. Even if we were in different classes in U.A., that doesn't matter.

Shoto was always there for me and I was always there for me. He knew about my past and I knew about his, and we accepted each other for who we really are. He is the one person that could always clam me down no matter how I was feeling. Wether it be fear, anger, or stress, he was always there to stop me from losing control. And I guess you can say I love that about him, also that I may love him as well...

I ended up in class 1-B because I didn't want to use my quirk to its full extent. Besides my emotions having the chance to make me lose control, so can using to much of my power. Granted I still proved myself during the Sports Festival by placing fifth place overall.

I still didn't really talk to people, even when we were put in dorms. I was still afraid of what could happen if I lost control again. So instead of talking to my classmates after class I'd either meditate in my room or hang out with Shoto. He didn't really talk to many people either, the only other person I see him generally hang out with is Midoriya, and he seems nice.

I got ready to walk to class this morning after my meditation time. I was a little more excited than I usually was during this time because one, it was Friday, and two, I was going to hang out with Shoto at the park later. Going into class I took my seat at my desk and looked down to see a note that had the words, "To: (y/n)". I opened it up and read through it quickly. But after I saw the first two words, I wish I could've just shriveled up and disappeared. (Please do not take any of these words literally. You all are amazing. ~author-chan)

Dear Freak,

Don't think we don't know how much of a *beep* you are. And don't think people don't know about what you did to those kids when you were younger. People like you should never become a hero. Just give up now and save people time. You'll never make it. Why don't you just become a villain instead and lose control while your at it.

~Monoma

P.S.- Don't forget who you really are. A monster.

I wanted to cry at the sight of that note. So to not make a scene I crumpled up the piece of paper and stuffed it into my backpack. Then I asked to go to the bathroom. While I was exiting the classroom I caught a glimpse of Monoma holding in a laugh. That is what made me stay in the bathroom for the rest of class. Maybe I can talk to Shoto about it.

After school I tried my best to get out of school before anyone I knew saw me. Sprinting to the park where Shoto and I usually meet, I wasn't ready to see Monoma there out of all people.

"Hey freak. How not nice to see you!" I shook my head as I turned around getting ready to leave. "What? You gonna run away like the coward you are?! Just like when you ran away from America to come here after what you did." I stopped in my tracks and clenched my fists. Black matter gathered around my body starting to float me in the air. I couldn't think, anger clouded my mind as I felt like I didn't have control of myself. After I realized what was going on, I couldn't do anything to stop myself.

I saw myself levitate Monoma with black matter and slightly choke him. Everything I had tried to forget since pre-school has hit me right in the face again. My anger quickly turned to fear, fear of what was going to happen this time.

Then I saw Shoto. "(y/n)!" Once my eyes landed on him I immediately had some control of my body and a little control of my quirk again. "Don't do this. I know you're in there, remember. You are in control, not your quirk."

With those words I finally dropped myself on the ground as I was finally able to stop my quirk. Shoto ran towards me as I laid on the ground. Monoma was dropped on the ground too, but we don't really care about him right now.

"I'm sorry Shoto."

"No, it's okay (y/n). I know for a fact that it isn't your fault. I'm sorry I couldn't stop Monoma getting to you." Shoto looked down a bit.

"It's okay, I still have a long way to go to learn to control myself. But thank you for helping my get control of myself." I laid my head on his chest, and without thinking I kissed him on the cheek. Once I realised what I did my face erupted in a volcano of blush.

"With that I'd assume that you feel the same way I feel about you." He replied with a smile. That made me blush even more, if that was even possible. "How about we go on a date later at that new cafe down the street?"

"Umm, ya tha-"

"Oh d ont you dare forget I'm here you monster! And you choking me out with whatever you just did just proves me even more right!" Right, Monoma is still here.

I looked at Shoto and he was not having it. He stood up and froze Monoma's feet to the ground as he walked up to him. "Don't you dare ever talk about my (y/n) like that ever again. And if I ever find out that you said anything or do anything bad to my (y/n) again, I'll end you." Shoto then turned away and picked me up bridal style and walked us all the way to the new cafe. "Don't ever be afraid to tell me if someone is messing with you, got it." I nod my head as he kisses me on the cheek. He smiles. "There. Now we're even."

_____________________________________________
1247 Words!

I hope you enjoyed this requested story. If you have a request please put it on the request page. Stay safe and have a great day!