Shoto x Reader (Interesting)

YOUR POV
I'm different, I guess. My real parents aren't even alive. My mother was an amazing pro hero while my father was a quirkless cop. The thing is both of them died in a fire caused by a villain. I was about a year old apparently. At least that's what I've been told by my adopted parents, or more like parent. I got adopted by this sweet old lady named Opal Lemara. She's nice, but I still feel something missing.

Then there's 'friends'. I never really got along with anyone my age. That also might've been because of my quirk. I can copy anyone's quirk that I touch, but it kind of takes an after effect on the person I touch. After I touch that person they turn into an animal, usually it's a bunny or something harmless. If that happens then I can have an influence in what that person does while being an animal. But then there's the times where that person can turn into a bear or something. Sadly on the off chance that the person turns into something dangerous I can't have any influence in what they do and they could go out of control. Then again usually when people get turned into animals by me by accident they don't have free will over what they do.

Clearly describing my quirk every time someone asks is a pain, and is why people don't understand what I'm doing after the, 'I copy people's quirks' line.

This leads me to when I was a kid and first discovered my quirk. I was hanging around my 'friend' at the time. She had just discovered that she could control water. I was congratulating her and gave her a high five. Sadly that's when I my quirk decided to show up. Right then she turned into a full grown wolf and started to attack people.

I didn't know what to do and other kids that saw what had happened began to back away and scream at me. Then when they found an adult, my quirk finally wore off and the child fainted.

After that day I was never looked at the same ever again. My 'friend' that I accidentally turned, began to stretch the truth and turned everyone else against me. This went all the way to middle school. Whenever someone new came to school and I thought I could make a new friend, she'd just shatter my dreams and tell them what happened by accident and stretch the truth as far as she could.

Apparently I forcefully shoved her and 'took' her quirk while turning her into a dangerous beast that I controlled to tear up and almost kill innocent kids. This is what I was told I was everyday since then, and I couldn't escape it.

At least that's what I thought until I got to the year where I could have school choice. U.A. is a place where people like me could become a hero. A place where I could get out of this judgmental school. Maybe I'd finally find someone I could trust in this world.

Shaking my head I try to push all my thoughts from this past few minutes to the back of my head. I've got to think positive. No one or thing will stop me from getting out of this place. The bell rung as I took my stuff and walked out of the classroom.

Getting to my locker and opening it up three sticky notes were folded up and was in my locker on top of my algebra and history book. Picking up the three notes I slowly just threw them away. I knew it was just more insults written in big bright letters to try and get to me. I've heard and saw those names they call me way to much.

"Maybe I'll go to the library and see if I can do some more research on my parents." Miss Opal didn't want to tell me anything about my parents. I don't know why, the only reason I could think of is that they had a pretty gruesome death in the fire.

Taking the bus downtown to the library, I then rushed out of the bus and and went to a computer. I didn't want to be caught researching at home. Miss Opal didn't only not want to tell me anything about my parents, but didn't even want me to research anything about my parents. Which makes me all the more suspicious about what she was hiding. I didn't push Miss Opal to tell me anything either.

Sitting down I saw someone next to me that caught my eye. A boy with red and white hair. He just seemed so interesting to me. So putting off the mystery of my parents I walked over to him. "Hi!" I said in a whisper.

"Umm, hi?" Both of us were in the back of the library. "May I help you?"

"So, why are you here?"

"I'm just studying up for something. Why do you ask." The boy seemed pretty monotone and emotionless.

"Because, you just seem interesting to me. In a good way of course."

"Okay. So why are you here?"

"I'm here to learn more about my parents." Now he seemed a little intrigued.

"Well that's kind of weird. I'm here to find out about some of my family roots too. Maybe I'll find out why my father is such a *beep*." The boy mumbled.

"Umm, what did you say. I couldn't hear the last part."

"Nothing..."

"Oh, what's your name? Mine is (y/n)."

"I'm Shoto, Shoto Todoroki."

"Wait, then aren't you the son of Endeavor?" This seemed to physically annoy Shoto.

"What, do you like him or something?"

"N-no. Not really. I like All Might better, which is why I'd hope to get into U.A. to try and become just like him." I then look at him and put two and two together." I'm assuming you don't like your father?"

"Not in the slightest." He breathed a huge sigh. "You know, I haven't really been able to talk to anyone about this." Shoto sat down.

"You don't seem like someone who'd want to talk about his stuff. Or a lot of stuff actually." I took a second to think and said something I'd hope he would agree too. "You know, I don't mind if we meet up again and you can get out all of the stress with your dad. I don't mind, really. Plus it'd kind of bring some more life into my life."

"And why should I just trust you?"

"Because, I know what it's like to want to talk about something no one would believe. So, see you here tomorrow?"

"Sure."

_____________________________________________
1126 Words!

I hope you enjoyed this requested one shot. If you want to request anything please put it on the request page and I'll try to get to it as soon as possible. Stay Safe and have a great day!