Firebender! Shoto x Earthbender! Reader (Avatar AU)

3RD PERSON POV
Shoto sighed while walking out of the war meeting room. His father just went over a plan about another crusade against the Earth Kingdom. He loathed his father for trying to rule the whole world. In his opinion, he was flying to close to the sun. Sadly he couldn't do anything about it, at least not until he was Fire Lord.

Unlike all the rulers before him Shoto's father, Fire Lord Enji, chose his successor. So for his whole life Shoto was groomed to be the perfect king to carry on the kingdom. Even if that means brutal punishments, from starvation, to isolation, to even being marked by fire over his left eye. (That's right, Endeavor did this not Rei)

"Prince Todoroki." Shoto looked to his left at the soldier bowing to him. He gestured to the guard to continue. "The Fire Lord would like you to oversee another takeover of an Earth Kingdom village. We will leave this afternoon to ensure that we can get to the settlement by sundown and then prepare for the siege tomorrow morning."

Shoto responded with his usual monotone voice. "I'll be there." The dual haired Prince then left to prepare for the travel.

EARTH KINGDOM VILLAGE
YOUR POV
"Are you sure this is a good idea (y/n)?" Izuku asks.

"Izuku, let me lay this out to you. I'm an earthbending master, Ochaco's a waterbender, you're the Avatar, and Iida...is Iida so-"

"What is that supposed to mean (l/n)?!" Looks like I annoyed Iida, the only non-bender in our group.

I looked at him. "Iida, you're amazing with a sword and an awesome battle strategist. Now can I just get back to the plan?!" The three nodded. "Look, we're Team Avatar-"

"We never agreed on that name (y/n)." The broccoli haired male interrupted, making me even more annoyed.

"Can I just finish with this plan?!" I waited, silence, finally. "If we attack the Fire Nation's settlement tonight, we can stop them from attacking this Earth Kingdom village."

"(y/n), look I know you want to stop this attack, but this is really risky. We're already being hunted because we're traveling around with Deku, putting ourselves in danger like this is insane. It's sad to say but we can't rescue every village or town that's under attack." Ochaco shook her head while I clenched my fists.

"Look. When my village got attacked when I was younger, no one was there for me. If I can make a difference for the people in this village, so no one looses anyone, I'll take any chances. I don't care if you guys are with me or not!" I stormed away from my friends. They just don't get it. I lost my parents and all my friends to a Fire Nation seige when I was younger. No one helped me then when I was scared and alone. I don't want anyone to have to go through that as well. Even if I get caught I'll at least have made a difference to someone.

I began sprinting to the edge of the forest where the Fire Nation set up camp. To my left I saw metal tanks, and to my right were the barracks that the troops were sleeping in. Above the metal tanks I could see that there was a ledge. I took off my shoes to feel more connected to the earth. Gathering my strength I began to try and quietly shift the cliff to fall and crush the tanks. My plan succeeded and the roocks I moved crushed about all of the metal tanks. All I had to do now was turn around and-

"Put your hands in the air and turn around slowly." Crap. I complied putting my hands in the air and turning to see the most peculiar man with red and white hair. I began to shift my left foot a bit to maybe shift the ground and make the man loose balance. But then candy cane guy shot a fireball at me. "Don't move! Or else. I don't want to hurt you but I will if I have to." Great, I got tied up with a firebender. Now that I look at him closer... and that scar on his face...

"You're Todoroki Shoto! The prince of the Fire Nation." Great job (y/n), now you're definitely dead.

"Yes. And you're (l/n) (y/n) that earthbender that travels with the Avatar. I'm sure my father would be pleased if I handed him over. Now, where is he?"

Shoto's stare was as serious as can be, making (y/n) uncomfortable. "I don't know. I acted alone."

"Even so I can still hold you here to lure him in. After I get my hands on him, I'll kill you." The prince faltered at that last statement.

"You don't look like you want to kill me..."

"I don't, but I have to. I don't have a choice."

"Prince Todoroki, we all have a choice."

He laughed a bit. "That's hilarious if you think that anyone would want the son of Fire Lord Enji. The Fire Lord who instigated a war between our nations by murdering the Air Nomads. The son of the Fire Lord that has starved many to death just to prove a point. The son of the Fire Lord who- who-"

(y/n) interrupted him. "You seem to be placing the actions of your father onto yourself. All of those events weren't your choice, they were all your father's choices. You shouldn't blame yourself for what he did." Her voice became soft over the course of the interaction. She couldn't help but feel bad. Her whole life she blamed anyone from the Fire Nation for her parents death, but talking to the prince she realized something. Not everyone in a nation is the same. This prince wasn't one of the savage soldiers that day.

Shoto took a step back and put his hands down to his side with a sigh. "I'm letting you go. Don't ask why just go find your friends." With that Shoto turned around and began to walk away.

"One more thing Prince Todoroki." Shoto stopped and turned back to face (y/n). "To answer your question earlier, our group would want you. Not just because Izuku needs a firebending teacher, but for you. So if you ever want to start a new life, come find me." With that (y/n) sprinted away.

LATER
YOUR POV
"(y/n)!" Ochaco ran up to me a gave me a tight hug. "Where have you been? We thought you got captured!"

She realesed me from her bear hug. "Well I did, by the prince actually-"

"You what!" Iida proclaimed.

"It's fine. He was actually a nice guy under that intimidating exterior. But besides that I took down all the metal tanks the Fire Nation brought here. All we need to do is warn the townsfolk to get out of here before they attack. Or you know, we could always fight back."

Iida sighed. "We'll just go warn everyone." Izuku and Ochaco agreed and we went off. There were a few people who didn't want to leave, but in all we evacuated everyone.

"Okay. Everyone's out time to go." Izuku stated.

"Wait." We all turned around to see the half and half prince with a sack.

Everyone but me stood in a fighting stance. "Wait wait wait! Don't hit him!" I held my hands in front of the prince.

"I came to take up your offer about joining you."

"Really?!" I asked excitedly.

"What?! (l/n) what did you do?" Iida looked beyond confused

"Got team Avatar a cool new teammate and Izuku a firebending teacher." I smiled.

"Are you sure (y/n)..." Ochaco started.

Then the prince spoke. "Maybe this was a bad idea, I'll leave-"

"No!" I was surprised how forcefully that came out. "I mean, no." I then turned back to face my group. "Please guys. I promise you he's a nice guy."

"What if he just tries to turn us in?" Izuku asks. I just make a face trying to say please. He sighed. "Okay. If (y/n) trusts you I guess I'm okay with you coming with us."

"Yes!"

Iida gave me a face. "Lets go." Is all he said.

_____________________________________________
1388 Words!

I'm thinking about making this a book. What do you think? I need some opinions. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this one shot, possibly soon to be boom. Have a great day and stay safe!