Chapter Fourteen

Two seasons have passed.

      A loud, obnoxious knock came to the door. "I'll answer." I said, loud enough for Thor to hear form the  shower. I opened the door, trying my best not to scowl. "Oh, Hello. Jane, is it?" She nodded with a smile, "Hello, you're Loki, right?" I nodded, mumbling inwardly. "I just wanted to drop this by, the mail man must have gotten our boxes mixed up." She handed me a small package. I stared down at it, turning the package in my hands to find there was no address to show where it came from. "Oh, thank you." I mumbled, about to close the door. 

   "Is Thor there?" Why do you want to know? "He's bathing." I replied, trying to hint that I really was not in the mood for this Midgardian thing she was displaying. "Oh, well tell him I said Hi!" I nodded, giving a careless wave goodbye before closing the door with a sigh of relief. "Was that uhm...Jade?" I turned to see Thor standing in the doorway, a towel wrapped around his lower half and his hair drenched. "Jane, and yes." I smiled, He doesn't even remember her name correctly. For some odd reason, that made me feel better. 

      "She informed me that there was a package for us left at her estates by accident." I walked to the centered table in the living room, placing the package on it as I dropped to my knees to examine it. The packaging was held together with a string. "This looks like the packaging in Asgard." I said, rather curious now to see where it's from. "Where is it from?" Asked Thor as he stared down at the package. "It doesn't have an address to prove where it came from." I mumbled, turning it in my hands to examine it once more. Nothing. 

      Although it's something I will never admit, I had Thor open the package, knowing I'd have trouble getting it open and just make a fool of myself. He unwrapped the extra paper and such to reveal a small golden necklace. We both stared at it for a moment, knowing what it was exactly. "I guess mother misses us, too." I finally said, stroking the small necklace. Anytime we were away, (mostly Thor for his battles) mother would give us one of her gold necklaces to remember her by while we were away. 

     Although Odin had a bit of a stern heart, mother was never short from kind and caring. 

    "How do you think she reacted when she found out we had been casted to Midgard?" I asked, staring down at the necklace. Thor ran his thumb over it, letting out a soft sigh. "I don't know, but I know she would not be happy about it." I nodded in agreement as we sat in silence for a moment, admiring and longing the necklace and its meaning. "Only three seasons left." I murmured, wishing so badly to go home once more. 

   I sat at the window seat, rain falling thick through the fog outside. "Come on." Thor's voice startled me a bit. I turned to see him with full on Midgardian clothes. I raised an eyebrow, examining his heavy coat and...An odd hat I have not seen before. It sank down at the back of his head, a bit odd, but anything looked good on Thor. "We aren't going anywhere..." I said, now a bit confused. "We're going out. We've hardly left this place since we got here, it's time to explore a little." 

   After nearly twenty minutes of pleading coming from Thor's part, I finally gave in. Thor said we needed to go 'Coat shopping' for I did not have anything to brace myself against the cold winds. 

     "Let me see!" Thor nearly wined, knocking on the door repeatedly. "No, it's too big!" I said, staring at my reflection in the small room for dressing. "Just let me see it." He said, still knocking on the door. I sighed, mumbling under my breath as I unlatched the door, swinging it open to purposely hit Thor with it. "Ow!" He wined, for a warrior he sure is a whiny one at that. "Awwwww. Look at little Loki, clothed in a big jacket." I scowled, turning to go back into the room. "I'm joking, Loki!" He boomed with a laugh, pulling me towards him by the back of the jacket. 

   "Are you sure?" I asked, staring down at the colossal sized jacket. "It's...What the Midgardians say...Cute." I shuttered at the word, cute? Why not just say attractive instead of such a repulsive word? 

    After we visited a couple of other stores, Thor showed me a hat similar to the one he was wearing.  

  "A beanie?" I asked, prodding at the cloth headgear as Thor handed it to me. "It keeps your head warm in the cold. It's the same as we wear, just...More Midgardian." I shrugged, looking back up at the other selection of colours. "I want this one." I pronounced, setting aside the black one for a green one. He chuckled, "I should have known." He said, playfully elbowing me. "Don't laugh now." I said, pointing an accusing finger at his red one. "What? I like it." I simply rolled my eyes, of course you do, it's red.