Chapter Eight

I awoke to the painful realization that I had fallen asleep on the floor in my bedroom. I got up slowly with a wince, my back aching in all the sensitive places. I clumsily got to my feet, wanting to relax in the hot waters of a...Whatever they call it...Shower. I cautiously opened the door, as soon as the knob unwound a heavy weight was upon it. I stumbled, trying to keep the door open just a creak. I peered down to see Thor asleep, leaning against the door. His head was resting to one side, his legs sprawled out in what looked uncomfortable. Did he sleep there all night?..Did he hear my sobs? 

I looked down at him, his mouth open just a bit and his brows arching in what made him look upset. I frowned, feeling an odd sensation in my stomach. Loki, stop this madness, you hate Thor, remember? Thor's hair was tousled over his forehead, his long hair piling on his shoulders and streaming just over them.  He says he loves me, he tells me to stop this madness I've created...But, I'm nobody's favourite, Thor is. I'm not an- 

 Thor's head jerked upright and he brought his head up to observe me with sleepy eyes. The feeling in my stomach grew stronger but I simply peered down at Thor, his tired mind still registering everything. Soon, his eyes widened and he tried to scramble to his feet. I simply closed the door, locking it as quickly as I could. "Loki!" Thor said with a struggle, his fist pounding on the door. "Loki, please." His voice was upset, not angry. I crossed my arms, shaking my head although he couldn't see. 

"Brother-" I sighed, my nostrils flaring. "Don't call me that." I said, loud and stern. There was a silence. "Loki, please, I need to know what's wrong." I waited a good minute in the silence before I reluctantly unlocked the door, stepping back, crossing my arms again. Thor came in as soon as he could, his hair tousled and messy as was mine. He looked as if he hardly slept, his eyes shadowed over with dark bags and weariness. 

 "There's nothing to talk about." I lied, although I felt so weak myself, I knew the look I was putting off wasn't enough to hide over what I was feeling, and Thor knew better. "Please." Thor nearly pleaded, approaching me closer. I took another step back, giving Thor a cold stare. "You don't care." I spat, taking a step forward this time. "You're only pretending to care because he sent us here. You just want us to get along once again so it will be easier for you to be here with me! You couldn't care less! I'm nothing to you!" I stepped closer, although Thor still beat me in height, I wasn't going to back down this time. 

 "I never was." I said quieter this time, tears threatening to come as I saw the look of complete horror and fear in Thor's sad eyes. "Don't you dare say that, Loki! I've never not cared for you! Do you not know how much it hurts seeing you like this? Putting yourself down all the time? I've always cared, Loki! You mean everything to me!" His voice boomed, the rim of his eyes wet with fresh tears. I shook my head, stepping back. "You don't care for me the way I wish you would." I said, my voice so quiet and broken, I was sure Thor hadn't heard a word. 

 "How do you wish I'd care for you, Loki?" He asked softly, taking a step closer. My heart was thumping against my ribs and I felt all the more nervous. I shook my head, but Thor only came closer, causing me to step back, the heals of my feet against the wall. "I won't tell you." I said, nearly defeated. I couldn't bare to look into his eyes, looking down upon my feet. "Please." His voice was softer and closer. I looked up to see him deadly close, his hand taking my chin before I could look down again. His ice blue eyes staring into my envious green ones. 

 "You'll never love me more than a brother." I said quickly and so quietly that I could hardly hear it. I didn't think he heard it either, until his eyes widened a bit and his mouth a gap. We were in silence for an agonizingly long moment. Finally, Thor put his hands on either side of my face, his long hair trailing along my own shoulders as he came closer. My heart thumped harder and harder with every agonizing second. "I already do." He said quietly, leaning closer. His forehead was on mine and before I could register what was truly happening, his warm lips were upon my cold ones. 

  My breath hitched as my back was pressed against the wall. I've never been intimate with anyone...Ever. My lips moved eagerly against his, my fingers weaving into his tousled mess of locks. I was shocked even as Thor pulled me closer, his hand at the bottom of my back. I let out a soft moan, surprising myself. Our lips came apart, Thor leaning his forehead against mine as his locks spilled over his shoulders. His hot breath lingered on my lips as he peered down into my eyes. 

 "I really do."