Chapter Thirteen

Thor's hands were warm compared to my cold ones as he intertwined our fingers together. "Witty." I commented on his remark, pressing a kiss to his collar bone. Thor held on to my wrists, haulting me at my intentions. I gave him a confused look and he sighed, "When...When did you start having these feelings?" The question sort of shocked me and I stood there for a moment, just staring at a suddenly curious Thor. "I-Why?" I asked, taking a step back, but Thor's grip didn't loosen. "Well, these feelings couldn't have just developed in a short amount of time...Only since we were sent here on Midgard-" I yanked my wrists from his grip. 

     "Are you saying i'm only like this because we're trapped here with nothing else to do?" Of all the things Thor could of said, and at this very moment- I brought my brows down, anger taking the better of me. Thor sighed, rubbing the back of his neck the way he did when he couldn't find a way of words. "No, but it just seems-" I scoffed, not wanting to hear his excuse. "Thor, I've liked- lo-" I took in a deep breath, trying to register my thoughts. "I've loved you since we were mere children! I looked up to you not only as family but...Someone to truly love. I kept it in all this time, figuring it would go away. It was just a wave of emotion, I thought. I thought. I became skeptical when we turned into young adults. I still felt the same and you were off with a different maiden every other half season! "

  I watched as Thor's face changed from just curious to hurt in a matter of moments, but I continued. "Why do you think I kept myself so distant as we grew older? Because I was afraid, Thor! I knew-I thought you didn't feel this way...It hurt. I knew the only way to get away from it was to ignore it. Or even conjure up a lie, to pretend I hated you...I thought that if I did this, the feelings would go away. They never did."

  By this time I was between shaking with anger and holding back tears that I needn't let show. "Loki,  I didn't know you still felt troubled about the past." My nostrils flared, "How am I supposed to push he past away when you keep asking questions like that? Questioning my true feelings for you? It really makes me question your feelings for myself." I could have given Thor a break, the all father knew Thor made a few mistakes here and then. But this was starting to feel a little less, accidental. 

  "Loki, I never intended anything like this." I only shook my head, heading towards my bedroom. "Loki- Please." I stopped, Thor..Pleading? I nearly smiled at the thought, turning around to see a desperate and upset Thor. "I love you, more than I can even begin to explain. You aren't the only one who had feelings this long..I've felt the same. Those maidens were my way of trying to get over these feelings that...Didn't leave.  In all honesty, I was questioning you because I truly would have never thought to have something like this happen. To have this as a reality. Loki, I adore you so greatly, I love you. And when we leave this realm, when we come back to Asgard, I will still show my love for you." I looked at Thor for a moment, feeling a warm feeling swell in my chest. 

   "What if father finds out?" I asked, fearing the worst. 

      "I'd risk the trust of father if it means to have you in my arms any day."