Chapter Three

I was given strange looks by the petty Midgardians as we trailed along the isles,  I following behind Thor, having no choice. "You've got to try these, brother." Thor said, holding a small box in front of me Pop tart? "They sound...odd." I said without care, Thor shrugged before tossing in two boxes. "What do you eat?" He asked, turning the metal cart he steered into another isle of food products. "Nothing here will be as good as the food in Asgard." I said longingly, wanting so badly to be consumed in my chambers. 

 "Come on, Loki, we have to just grin and bare it." He said, giving me a weak smile. I know Thor has always been one to try and get along, but I've never been accepted, so why should I accept him? I scanned my eyes across a small package that read chocolate pudding: original "Hmmm.." I hummed as I picked it up, placing it gingerly into the cart. Thor was busy examining a wide selection of sweets as I wondered off farther down the isle. 

 Egg Noodles...Bow Tie Pasta...I was definitely one for pasta. I took two packages into my hold, gathering some seasonings I recognized as well. I returned to our cart, placing the items I possessed into the cart, food products nearly to the top. "What to drink?" I asked, eyeing Thor skeptically as he pushed the cart. "Well, you like tea." He said, gesturing to a large selection of boxes labeled Hot tea;Green Tea; Lemon; Sleep Tea; I smiled inwardly, scanning my eyes along the selection before choosing two different kinds. 

Once we were done with that, we finally returned to our unlit 'home'. "I can't see a blasted thing." I complained, barely making out Thor's silhouette as he sat the groceries down on the table. "Calm yourself, I've got candles." Thor said casually, the sounds of bags ruffling while he searched for them. "Did you get anything to light them with?" I questioned, knowing the answer.

Thor let out a loud groan, an odd tinge felt in my stomach but I ignored it. "I knew I forgot something!" He said rather loudly. "Oh, silence! I'll take care of it." I paused, "But only for my benefit." I finished, my eyes adjusting a bit to the darkened surroundings. I took the candles once Thor had unwrapped them, pressing the string between my fingertips.

I mumbled a small string of words, focusing on the thought of flames. I felt a sudden heat between my fingers and pulled away to see a small flame. I smiled, leaving Thor to light the rest with the single candle as I walked carefully into the large dark room. 

This may not be so bad...

Maybe.