|| 21. Believe, Count on You

----- Dead Apple : Without Me
|| 21. Believe, Count on You

 Believe, Count on You

Baby, I'm the one who put you up there.
I don't know why...
Yeah.

       "SINGULARITY anomaly readings are increasing." One of Ango's subordinates reported. "Five times higher than seven years ago. Five point five. Readings increasing. They won't stop."

       "Where is A5158's current location?" Ango panicked, searching for Chuuya's location.

       "Get your shit together, scrub!" Chuuya grumbled through his telephone connection.

       Chuuya already stood on the landing door which opened from the height of the city center. The plane was already on top of the thick fog that covered Shibusawa's headquarters. Chuuya was ready to jump.

       "Chuuya-kun, Dazai-kun is almost certainly eliminated by now." Ango said. Chuuya was just busy taking off his gloves.

       "Ha!" You were surprised when you felt something whispering to you. But that wasn't Kaori or Otonashi's spirits. "You don't need to worry, Mama. This is my soul. I was unconscious, but my soul is still awake. Mama's earrings are made from the Crystal of Memories that I made, so I can still in touch with you." You immediately touched your left ear, where the earring was attached.

       "Mama, it's okay! The Crystal of Memories that Papa brought managed to create a protective bubble that became Papa's shell when he became the heart of the dragon. Even though I didn't know if it would work. But let's hope, Mama! Papa promised us to go home!"

       You were moved to tears. Your daughter always struggled to protect her family even though she wasn't even aware that she was protecting her family. Moreover, she became the person who most believed that her father wasn't a traitor

       "Do you understand what that mean?" Ango asked again. You could heard it too from you phone connection.

       "I don't care." Chuuya murmured in his lowest tone.

       "Are you sure?" Ango asked. "You haven't taken your reward, my life."

       "Don't get cocky, you asshole!" Chuuya sneered at Ango. Ango was surprised. "You were a lowly infiltrator seven years ago. No one lent you an ear when you opposed employing Shibusawa, did they? This is nothing but his bumbling."

       Inside the dragon, Dazai still closed his eyes. He wasn't aware of all things around him. He didn't realize that he had become the heart of a dragon that had to be killed. Your daughter's transparent bubble are completely invisible. But, the bandages that surround Dazai were a proof of gravity inside the bubble. So basically, Dazai was dreaming, he was spending time with you and your daughter.

       Once again, your daughter's soul in the crystal that you used revealed how Dazai's condition was. You wanted to cry because maybe that would be the last time you saw Dazai.