Prologue: A Half-Faye

***Please note that this is soon to be re-written as Half-Fae which will be availble from Smashwords.com***

Prologue

One word speaks a thousand pictures

I was never normal, and when it came to school, well I was just like everyone else. At least I am not a freak or whatever humans think are Vampires. It is total nonsense.

At school I am not good at anything except maybe art and even then my father discouraged it. He expects me to be a lawyer like him. Eesh.

What makes me really special was the fact that my mother wasn't normal either, in fact she was faye or in other worlds faery. The last time I saw her, I was four and I have lived with my father since.

He has only been remarried for two years now and the longer I have to live with my step sister and step mother, the more insane I will become. If I try hard, I can still hear my mother calling my name, "Florence!" she would call me. My Mother was the only person who I ever allowed to call me that, to everyone else I was Flo.

That was the last thing she said to me before she left, clutching  nothing but her purse and disappearing into the night the moment after the word had left her lips, leaving my father, the mortal world, and me. Leaving me alone. Leaving a Half-Faye child.

The only reason she had stayed was because her punishment for "interacting" with the mortals was a sentence of five years in the mortal world. And as soon as those five years was up she was gone.

When I was little I imagined her to return to me, telling me how much she missed me and really loved me.

Now I know better.