Epilogue - Candles and Rosemary

Candles, Rosemary, Sage and a Golden ring.

Four Years Later.

Myles' POV

According to Plato, 'At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.'

But sometimes it's hard to find the words to describe that feeling of love. Whether you're in the throes of a blossoming romance, or trying to let your spouse know how much they mean to you — some of the most beautiful words already written will capture exactly what you want to say.

The perfection of love is that it's not perfect, and the best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.

And the best thing to hold unto in life is each other.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

To love or have loved, that is enough.  Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.

These things I'm pretty sure Christian and I had come to understand over time. Winter came, along with fights, different shades of different seasons and ourselves, but we stood strong, we still did.

One thing I know we understood for sure is that we possibly couldn't leave without the other. Two halves to a whole. I know that sound cliche but it's true.

I picked up my black pen, opening the brown file my assistant had brought in for me few minutes ago, I started scanning through it, pausing just at the end to sign on it when my phone rang.

I moved my eyes towards my phone, I really didn't need calls right now, I could take them when I'm off work, but there was an exception obviously to the particular name that popped up the screen.

Christian.

I picked up the phone, answering it, taking the phone against my ears. "Hello"

"Hey babe" he greeted, his voice weary over the phone.

"Mr. Bekand, what can I do for you today?" I said seriously, smiling to myself.

"Well...." he dragged over the phone, "the only thing I'd want is for you to get off work early, i made reservations."

I scrunched my face, holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I signed off the document, taking out another one. "Thought you'd be at the hospital all through the night?"

"You really thought I'd be spending our two year anniversary looking at patients and talking about diseases with Allen and the rest of the residents?" Christian questioned over the phone, and I knew he was rolling his eyes at this very moment, I could tell.

"I'll be out by three," i informed him without saying anything else.

"I'll come pick you up, have to go now, love you babe."

"I love you too." I hung up, smiling sheepishly, my smile mellowed down when i spotted Max looking at me through the glass door, he had his usual 'what's with you' face in but this time he was also wearing a grin.

He shook his head, walking towards the opposite direction, he must have probably seen me a blushing mess while I was on the call. I smiled, rubbing the Gold band around my ring finger, remembering how it got there in the first place.