CHAPTER 19 - The First Touch

The First Touch, stolen, kind, and worth it.

"Thank you Mrs. Grayson," Moira smiled at the older lady who had just complemented her dress.

"It's always so nice to see you dear," she smiled back, and turned to leave, engaging in another conversation with someone else.

"I see we have a center piece for today's event." A voice whispered behind her. The mixed masculinity and softness of his voice sending shivers down her spine.

She smiled, she knew that voice.

"I'm just walking around Riley," she turned, now facing him.

"Oh yes, every noble man can see you do so very well this evening," he replied smilingly, mimicking her English accent, extending his hand. Moira smiled, shook her head and took his hand.

"What do you want?" She asked as soon as he started drawing circles on her wrist.

"I wish to have a conversation with my darling, smart and wonderful younger sister," he smiled mischievously at her.

"Very charming, now spill!" She deadpanned.

He halted, "You never mentioned my brother brought home emotional luggages along with him"

"Huh?" She wondered.

"Green eyes, tall, tanned, cocky smile," he grilled.

"Oh"

"Oh" he mimicked.

"How'd you know?" She asked.

"We talked," he simply replied.

"What on earth's name do you mean by we talked?"

"I caught him staring," he told her.

Not fully satisfied with his reply she pushed on "and?"

"I let him rant, but that's not what's important. It's obvious my brother has an eye for him."

"Riley! Stay out of it." She scolded.

"It was only an observation," he raised his hands in surrender.

"Exactly, just an observation. Try not to let Eric repeat itself with Christian." She stated clearly.

"Fine." He sighed defeated.

*****

Betrayal?

Hurt?

Jealousy?

He couldn't tell, all he knew is that he felt like sickened, he smacked his head, wishing he had stood up from his chair a little earlier than he did, if only he had caught up to myles before his lips were occupied.

Shit, if i had realized I liked him sooner! He thought.

Christian sat in front of the house, playing with stones that decorated the walk way. He couldn't describe what exactly he felt. Seeing myles with someone else had made him feel strange things, opened his eyes to the reality of him having feelings for myles.

He looked in front of him, at all the cars that were packed in front of the house and down the road as they reduced in number. He checked his watch seeing as he had spent almost an hour just sitting here in the outdoors.

He got up about to head inside but the door knob twisted before he could grab it, Myles and his date Victor stepping outside.

Victor thaHOE! He glared at him.