Chapter 9

Dean, Castiel, and Lisa ran up the steps to the art musuem--obviously Castiel's suggestion. Dean had asked Cas what he'd want to do and he had to choose the art musuem, but Dean didn't mind he'd make this fun.

They walked in right behind a field trip of elementary students. They were all holding hands, the teacher at the front of the line as they walked and Dean smiled at a few of the kids and squeezed in so he was in the middle of the line holding the kids hands. Of course the children didn't mind they giggled a bit.

Cas and Lisa caught on and found places of their own in the line. It was funny but didn't last very long until the teacher turned back and they all bolted.

As they walked around looking at art together Castiel saw a man who was strangely posed as he examined the piece of art and so Castiel stood behind him and mimicked him. Dean looked up at where Castiel had stopped walking and laughed a little to himself. He copied Cas and so that's what started the whole thing of them going around mimicking people.

Lisa would laugh at certain ones, or just roll her eyes. But that didn't stop the boys.

When they mimicked one woman she turned around suddenly and saw the two mimicking her. She glared at them but they just smiled as she walked away.

At one piece Lisa and Dean stopped in front of it, a blue mosaic with a moon. Lisa took Dean's hand and was looking up at him. Cas didn't want to stay there as she kissed him and kept kissing him so he went to a different painting staring at it.

Dean would never like Cas. So why was he worrying about it? Why hadn't Castiel moved on already? He sighed and put his hands in his pockets.

--

The three teenagers who had ditched school were sitting in a taxi cab but the traffic was backed up pretty bad due to the parade that was going on in the streets.

"Okay buddy we should go get the car now." Castiel said looking over at Dean.
Dean looked back in shock and shook his head. "What do you mean? We still have a few hours." He complained and Lisa rolled her eyes.
"We have until six." Dean added.

"I'm sorry I know you don't care but it does mean my ass." Cas looked down playing with his hands.

"You think I don't care?" Dean leaned forward slightly ignoring Lisa who was sitting in the middle and staring at Cas.

"I know you don't care." Cas lifted his eyes to meet Dean's.

Dean gasped dramatically. "That hurts Cas.." He shook his head. "Cas what have you seen today?"

"Nothing good." Cas mumbled and he knew it would make Dean retalliate.

Dean scoffed. "Noth.. No.. Nothing.. Nothing good?! This.. What do you mean nothing good?! We've seen everything good! We've seen the whole city!"

Cas smiled glancing at Dean, just like he thought he'd react.

"We went to a musuem, we saw priceless works of art.. We.. We ate pancreas.." Dean stopped staring at Cas who was staring with wide eyes past Dean.

"What's wrong Cas?"
Dean made a playful scowl and Cas returned it flicking his eyes from Dean to behind his best friend. "Look over there." He said through a closed mouth.

Lisa and Dean both turned from Cas to where he was talking about and Lisa gasped and Dean's eyes widened.

There in the car next to them was John Winchester. He looked from his newspaper over to Dean and the others before lookin back at his newspaper, and then it registered and he glanced back to the other car.

But what he saw wasn't his son Dean. What he saw was Lisa with sunglasses on staring straight ahead.

Dean and Cas had squished themselves quickly together on the floor of the back seat of the taxi.

Cas brought out his lucky rabbit foot keychain and rubbed it with his thumb. Dear god not this. Dean took the keychain and did the same thing as Cas.

--

John blinked as he looked at his newspaper. Wait that woman looked familiar, but he had sworn he'd just seen his son and his best friend Cas. Guess he wa losin it. Or maybe worried about Dean because he was so sick at home.

John looked back over at the woman who looked at him but he couldn't see her eyes because of the dark sunglasses and she made a kiddy face discreetly at him. John's eyebrows shot up and he quickly looked back at his newspaper.

--

"What is he doing?" Dean asked looking up from where he'd been looking at Cas.

"He's licking the glass and making obscene gestures with his hands." Lisa answered.

"What?!" Dean asked with wide eyes. Lisa started laughing and Cas rolled his eyes. Dean looked at Cas and Cas looked at Dean with the same expression on their faces, 100% done.
--
Dean started tickling Lisa and she laughed loudly whipping her head back and John looked back at his paper putting it up in front of his face not wanting anything to do with the strange woman who seemed crazy in the next taxi over.

And on the other side of John's paper the title of one of the articles stated, Community rallies around sick youth, talking about Dean Winchester.

--

Meanwhile Crowley looked through the gate at the dog still barking and growling trying to jump at the gate at Crowley. Then it laid down and chewed on Crowley's shoe that he'd left in the yard.

Crowley slowly peeked his head over the wooden green gate and the dog again jumped on the gate barking loudly.