Chapter 6

Katy Winchester walked inside of her house and set her purse down. She had just finished showing a house to some clients and she had a few minutes before her next showing so she thought that it would be a good idea to check on Dean while she had the time.

She made her way upstairs hoping her son was feeling better. Even if it was only a little bit.

She couldn't get the words of the principle from Dean's school how he had missed nine days and had probably been slipping those other days. Dean wasn't doing that now was he?

All those thoughts were swimming through her head as she placed her hand on the door knob and slowly turned it. (Just in case he was sleeping).

She slowly pushed the door open. He wasn't going to be there. He was going to be off doing what teenagers did these days with a few of his friends and that girlfriend of his.

But as she opened the door she could hear light snoring and saw in Dean's bed a figure turn over under the blankets. Katy let out a relieved sigh. He was there after all, what had she even been worrying about?

She smiled and slowly closed the door again going back downstairs.

Of course what Katy didn't know, but Dean did was that that wasn't really him in the bed. It was a manakin that he got who knows where under the covers. And when you opened the door the string that was tied on one end to the door and the other on the manakin with a trophy weighting it down in the middle, so that as the door opened the trophy went down causing the manakin to move.

And the snoring? Well that was a CD track he'd made for occasions such as these played on his stereo on repeat over and over.

--

Meanwhile Dean had taken Castiel and Lisa to the tallest building. They had taken the elevator to the very top floor and now Cas was getting paranoid again.

"Dean, do you think the cars alright?" He asked a bit nervously.

"Sure." Dean said and continued walking with Lisa on one side of him although he wasn't touching her or vise versa and Cas on the other side of him.
"This is the tallest building." Dean continued.

"Dean I don't feel too good can we leave soon?" Castiel asked sadly. Dean sighed. He had forgotten that Cas was actually sick. He didn't say anything to that comment though he just looked around him for any authority figures as the other leaned on the railing of the windows that were like the walls only made of glass.

"Here climb up on this." Dean said and climbed up onto the railing in front of them. Lisa did as well leaning against the glass with her forehead against the glass looking down.

Dean looked at Cas. "Come on Cas. Up you go." Cas looked at Dean and rolled his eyes before climbing up into the railing.

"Now lean foreword against the glass like this." Dean leaned his forehead against the glass and Cas followed his lead, Lisa already doing it.

"Oh god." Lisa murmured as they looked down way bellow them.

"Isn't that great?" Dean said with a small smile.

--

"The city looks so peaceful from up here." Lisa murmured and it was one thing that Cas could agree with her.

"Anything is peaceful from one thousand three hundred fifty three feet." Dean said and Cas had to change to Dean's side. Although Cas always took Dean's side. Okay not always, but when it came to Dean or Lisa it was always going to be Dean's side he took.

Cas furrowed his eyebrows in that contemplating Cas look that he used a lot. "I think I see my dad." He mumbled as he watched traffic pass.

Dean hopped off the railing. "We've got a lot to do let's go."

"Son of a bitch is down there somewhere." Cas murmured. He really hated his dad. Why couldn't him and his mom stay on vacation? Cas could take care of himself.

His father was horrible. He always said horrible things to Cas like, 'why can't you be more like your brothers?' Or 'I never wanted a fourth kid.'

Sometimes he'd even come close to hitting Castiel. If he found out about what Cas did to his car today, he'd probably hit him for sure and that tied Cas' stomach into knots.

--

The three of them were all sitting in a glass office looking down at a huge crowd of people. They were having an auction and the people were using hand motions and yelling to bid on whatever items were being auctioned off.

Cas was imitating them by making funny hand gestures like them even once flipping the bird. Of course it was probably an accident, Dean thought as he watched Cas instead of the crowd of people. He even laughed when Cas flipped the window off which Lisa was standing in front of, watching the crowd.

His laugh made Cas blush and stop what he was doing.

"You want to get married?" Dean asked and Cas froze looking back up at the boy. Dean looked at Cas but then back to Lisa.

Lisa smirked also looking back at Cas before turning her attention to Dean. "Sure." She said.

Dean kept glancing up at Cas who was just staring at Dean with a stoic expression and stiff muscles.

"Today?" Dean asked. He didn't really want to marry Lisa. Spending his life with her? He didn't think so. But he knew her answer and he just..well maybe..maybe he wanted to see Cas' reaction.

Lisa scoffed. "I'm not getting married today."

"Why not?" Dean asked.

Cas seemed to relax and he looked at the ceiling flicking his cheek to make a sound like a water drop falling. He seemed to be ignoring them. Dammit Cas that's not what Dean wanted. Wait..what did Dean want? What was he expecting from Cas?

"What do you mean why not? Think about it!" Lisa said smiling.

"Well no, besides being too young, having no place to live, you feeling a little awkward about being the only cheer leader with a husband, give me one good reason why not?!"

Lisa was staring at Dean like he was crazy and Dean was just being sarcastic and Cas was still staring at the ceiling making strange noises and seeming to be ignoring them.

Well that's what Dean thought until the boy in the trench coat spoke.

"I'll give you two good reasons why not." He said and both Dean and Lisa looked at him.

"My mother and my father. They're married and they hate each other. You've seen them am I right?" Cas nodded at Dean his voice a bit bitter.

"So what?" Dean asked. Cas pursed his lips thinking before he answered.

"It's like that car, he loves the car. He hates his wife."

Neither Dean or Lisa had a come back for that so they just sat there looking at Cas and Castiel tilted his head flicking his cheek again to make that water droplet noise again.

--

As they walked out of the building Cas walked behind Dean and Lisa again before he saw Dean say something to Lisa and slowed his pace walking beside Cas.

"Hey buddy." He murmured. Cas raised an eyebrow at Dean.

"Yes Dean?"

Dean looked nervous, no that couldn't be right. Cas must have been seeing things. Dean didn't get nervous.

"You know that I wasn't really serious about marrying Lisa right?" He whispered.

Cas still had his eyebrow raised at Dean. "Well now I do. But..why would you care that I know that?"

Dean shrugged looking away before looking back at Cas staring into his eyes.

Cas loved looking in Dean's eyes. His beautiful green eyes that had dark speckles in them.

"Sometimes I'm not sure." Dean murmured and looked up at the building.

"We're here!" He announced and walked ahead.

Cas' mind was swimming and blurry with thoughts. Sometimes he wasn't sure of what?! Dean wasn't sure about what?!