Chapter 2

The teacher called roll in his monotone voice, calling from one last name to the next as quickly as the said person said here or gave an acknowledgment.

"Anderson?"

He called, his voice was slow and filled with nothing but boredom. A raise of a hand let him know that that person was here.

"Parr? Parr?"

A shorter freshmen girl in a pink coat raised her hand.

"Here!"

The teacher went from one name to the next.

"Winchester? Winchester?.. Winchester? Winchester? Winchester?"

He said emphasizing the name the last time he called it, everyone looking around for the missing senior boy.

The freshman girl raised her hand slightly, but started talking without any permission anyways.

"Um he's sick! My best friend's sister's boyfriend heard from this one guy that knows this kid who's going with this girl, who said he saw Dean pass out at the road house last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

She shrugged, but the teachers nonchalant expression never changed the slightest.

"Thank you Ms. Parr."

"No problem what so ever!"

He wasn't there, and so the teacher made a mark on his clip board and went on to the next name.

"Novak? Novak? Novak?.."

--

Castiel's phone that sat beside his bed rang and he groaned since it woke him up. He slowly slid his hand out from under his blanket and hit the speaker button, that also answered the call.

"Hello?"

He answered quietly.

"Cas buddy what's happening?"

Dean's voice rang out from the telephone speaker, Castiel's best friend and the guy he'd been crushing on since he first met him and they became friends in middle school.

"Very little."

Cas answered quietly.

"How do you feel?"

"Horrible."

"Are your parents home?"

"They're out of town, unfortunately they aren't staying. They're coming back tonight."

Castiel's parents were verbally abusive to him, and they really didn't care much about him in the slightest. They bought him what he wanted, fed him, and that was about it. And Dean knew it. Dean knew mostly everything about Cas, because they had been friends for seven years now. And Castiel's crush never wavered.

Even when Dean had gotten a girlfriend.

"Where are you?"

Castiel asked turning his head towards the phone like he could actually see Dean if he did.

"I'm taking a vacation. Now get dressed and come over."

"I can't, I'm sick."

Cas said and looked back up at the ceiling.

"It's all in your head Cas, come on over."

"I feel like shit Dean. I can't go anywhere."

"I'm sorry to hear that, now come on over here and pick me up."

The line went dead and Cas hung up looking back at the phone.

"I'm dying."

He mumbled to himself. The phone rang again and he looked at it in confusion before answering it for the second time.