Chapter 3

Next day
I woke up from the sunlight beaming on my face. James and Amber are still sound asleep on my bed. I got up, then went to get change. After I finished, Amber was still sitting on my bed, rubbing her eye.

"Morning Amber. " I said to her.

"Morning Sofia. " She said yawning as she walked out of the door.

James woke up grumpily and slowly sat up.

"Morning James. " I said to him. He walked out of my room silently and went to his to get ready.

Clover came out from the hole in the wall "Morning, Princess!" Clover said while hopping up my bed.

"Morning Clover! I'll tell the maid to bring some fresh carrots to you later?" I said while getting my books and bag.

"Sure, Princess!" 

After saying that Clover hopped off my bed and went somewhere in the castle.

I walked down the hallway and greeted everyone as usual, then went straight to the dining hall.

"Good morning, mom, dad" I said.

"Morning Sofia" said mom and dad.

Amber and James came down and greeted our parents. We just had some pancakes and headed off to school. But before I could go, I heard a voice calling me. 

"Sofia hold on!"

I turned to see dad walking up to me while Amber walked up to the carriage.

"Yes, dad?" I asked.

"I would like to speak to you after school." Dad said in a serious tone.

"Sure." I said as I waved to him and walked up to the carriage.

On the way to school, Amber was asking me about the conversation I had earlier with dad in the hallway. You know, Amber likes to know everything.

While we were in school nothing interesting happened, but then someone caught my eye. I saw a tall boy in the principal's office that I had never seen before? Is he new to the school? I went closer to check what was going on. At the same time, he turned around and walked out from the principal's office. All I could see was his green eyes and his dark brown hair.  He also  has his hair all pulled to the right side of his head. He kinda looks familiar.... but who is he?

He noticed me standing outside the principal's office and gave me a warm smile as he walked away. I smiled back and walked to class. I wasn't able to keep his physical features out of my mind. But as soon as I arrived to my class, I decided to just shrug it off and continue my day at school.

After school I met up with Amber and the girls. They were all planning on something.

"Hey! What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Oh Sofia!" Amber said excitedly then continued, "We are having a sleepover at Cass's Castle this Saturday!"

"That's amazing we haven't had sleepovers together for a long time!" I said happily.

"I know right!" Lizzy said, squealing.

"Well I got to go now, my coach has arrived." Coraline said sadly.

"See you girls tomorrow!" said Cassidy.

"Bye!" I said to all off them.

We went off to pick up James from school. The whole ride back home is Amber rattling about the sleepover while James and I just listened. James got bored after listening to Amber's 'talks' about those girly sleepover, so he fell asleep.

When we reached the castle I went down hurriedly and headed straight to dad's office to meet him. When I walked in, dad gestured me to sit down.

"What is it dad? Did I do something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh no you didn't." Dad said calmly.

I nodded slowly as he said...

"I called you here is because well... Our kingdom would benefit greatly if you got married to somebody." Dad stopped momentarily then let out a sigh and continue " I am sorry Sofia but your going to be betrothed to somebody." He said.

I was still looking at him because I knew this could happen someday.

"Well I don't want to choose the person your gonna marry, instead I'm going to let you choose." Dad said smiling.

"You're gonna let me choose?" I said in confusion. He nodded while handing me a list of names.

"Yes, I am gonna give you time to choose till tomorrow. Okay?" Dad said while looking at me.

" Okay dad." I said. "And thanks for letting me choose." I smiled at him and left the room.

While I was in the room, someone knocked on the door. "Come in," I said.

A figure slowly walked in and revealed it self.

"Amber what are you doing? " I asked.

"I just wanted to know what daddy told you," Amber said,  looking at the list I was holding.

"What's that?" Amber pointed at it while taking a seat on my bed.

"Oh... It's just a list of princes and dukes name that I am gonna choose to be betrothed to.." I said.

"Well not to worry. Daddy allowed me to choose last year." Amber said while patting my back.

"Wait he did?" I asked looking at her. She nodded slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"It's a long story but the reason I didn't is so that I wouldn't worry any of you." Amber looked at me smiling. I just nodded, trying to understand the situation.

"So...who is to be your betrothed?" I asked.

"I'll tell you after you have pick one," Amber said with a smile.

"So have you looked through the list of names?" Amber asked in a curious tone.

"No, but I am going to now." I said nervously. I read those name loudly for Amber to hear.

"Prince Isaiah of Axemyya"
"Prince Elijah of Gerinthia"
"Prince Hudson of Naredith"
"Prince Hugo of Colston"
"Zach Duke of-" I stop to Amber gapsed.

"Sofia!" Amber shouted.

"Amber what is it?" I glared at her.

"You have Hugo on the the list!!" Amber said excitedly.

"I did?" I said with disbelief, "Wait... I really did!"

I was so happy. I can't believe Hugo's on the list. But something hit me. What if he doesn't want to get betrothed to me? Well betrothed is a forced marriage... what is he gonna think?

"Sofia! Just pick him already!" Amber said while shaking me.

"But what if he hates me, or what if he just sees me as his best friend?" I whispered sadly.

"Sofia... I know that Hugo really does love you, everyone can see that!" Amber said while putting on a smile. "Or else you have to pick someone else."

"Alright then."

"Great! Well get dressed, dinner will be ready soon." Amber said while standing up. She then left my room.

Is it a good idea choosing Hugo?

(A/N:I tried making this story interesting, I hope you guys enjoy!)