We'll Crash Down Like An Avalanche

Demi wasn't always an easy person to be around. Unfortunately, because of her addictions, people always assumed the worst and I wasn't immune to the same automatic panicked response that everyone else had every time she had a bad day. The first week in Europe was a prime example.

If there was a period of time that I wish I could take back, it would be that week. I didn't know it at the time, but we both wasted precious days with angry words that wouldn't matter. I would never be able to get those days back and trust me when I say that time with her, was the most important thing I would ever have. It wasn't limitless and I should've been more greedy. She never relapsed once, and I don't think she would have if given the chance.

"Could you please just get off my ass." She snapped.

"Are you going to talk to me?" I questioned.

"No." She answered with finality. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Bullshit." I said louder than I probably should have. "Where were you last night?" I questioned.

"I'm not doing this with you." She said dismissively.

"Yes you are." I insisted. "As your wife..."

"You should trust me!" She interrupted, yelling loudly. "Yet here I am being fucking interrogated"

"Why can't you answer the question?" I asked desperately. "Why?"

"It doesn't concern you. Drop it." She warned.

"Like hell it doesn't! Everything you do concerns me!" I snapped.

"Not this."

"You made a promise to me Demi. A vow..."

"And I haven't broken a single one of them Selena!" She yelled in frustration.

We kept yelling at each other until she'd finally had enough and stormed out of the room. I felt sick to my stomach. The past week had been a complete nightmare. She'd been staying out and acting secretive. It was like Nick all over again. No one knew what was going on.

The hours ticked by and she didn't return. I paced back and forth trying to keep my emotions in check. When I finally couldn't take the silence anymore, I left my room and went down the hallway to Jamie's. I let myself into her room with the spare key that she had given me earlier. We never travelled without having access to each other's rooms.

The room was dark when I entered indicating she was probably in bed asleep. I wasn't surprised when I found not one, but two people in her bed. I smiled briefly because of just pretty confirmed what I knew had been happening for quite some time anyway.

"Move over." I demanded as I pushed Lauren in an attempt to make more room.

"What the..." She grumbled as she grabbed her pillow and moved to the far side of the bed.

"Selena." Jamie yawned as she pushed herself up with an elbow and looked at me in confusion. "What are you doing?"

"I need to talk to you." I sighed as I crawled in between her and Lauren.

"What's wrong?" She rasped as she turned to face me.

"Is this seriously happening?" Lauren asked in disbelief.

"Shhhh." Jamie and I said in unison as we both shot her our version of a disapproving glare.

"Whatever." She mumbled as she fluffed her pillow and faced away from us.

"I think I'm losing Demi." I whispered as I settled in next to Jamie.

"Why?" Jamie asked her voice still very raspy from sleep.