If You Can Give It I Can Take It

Chapter Twelve

I pulled up to the police station and braced myself for the chaos. There were people everywhere. Paparazzi, reporters, fans, you name it they were there. My phone hadn't stopped ringing which only added to the stress. The label and PR manager were livid. There was no way for them to cover this up or put a positive spin on it. Demi punched a pap outside a club before getting in her car and driving away. She was completly wasted. When she was pulled over they found a shit ton of cocaine in her possession.

I took a deep breath and opened the car door. I was immediately swarmed. Flashbulbs and people asking questions I couldn't understand. Several police officers pulled me through the crowd. One I made it into the safety and security of the building, I made my way over to Natalie.

"They said she's not cooperating and being combative. She's severely intoxicated and under the influence of narcotics." Natalie said quickly.

"What else is new." I mumbled.

"They won't release her until she cooperates and they can finish booking her."

"Bail?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Not yet.

"Great." I sighed.

I spoke to several of the police officers in an effort to find out what was happening. She was verbally and physically assaulting officers and being an all around pain in the ass. After several hours of waiting I told Natalie to go home and get some rest. She was going to need it to help me manage this mess.

Shortly after sending Natalie home I was told they'd release Demi as long as someone posted bail. I contacted a bondsman and secured her release immediately.

I paced back and forth as I waited for her release. I was beyond furious. I watched as she approached with an officer on either side of her. She had a smirk on her face. I signed the paperwork and we were escorted out into the waiting SUV.

We sat in silence as the driver slowly navigated through the crowd of people. Camera flashes and constant tapping on the SUV were starting to make me feel claustrophobic. Demi seemed unaffected by it all. Once were clear of all the chaos I broke the silence.

"Would you like to hear what the label has to say about all of this Demi?" My tone was short and clipped.

She knew I was pissed.

"Not really." She sighed.

"Good. Because its not nice." I snapped.

"I'm..."

"Nope." I said interrupting her. "I'm not speaking to you. If you need something from me you can talk to Natalie."

"Sel..."

"Do you need her number?"

"No." She mumbled.

I didn't respond.

"Selena..."

I continued to ignore her.

I could see her narrow her eyes at me as she pulled out her phone and punched in a number.

"Hey Natalie. It's Demi." She said into the receiver. "Can you do me a favor and call Selena. Let her know she's being a little bitch."

She paused for a moment and waited for me to react. I stared straight ahead, stone faced.

"I don't care. You work for me and I'm telling you to do something."

She paused once again. I could tell Natalie was speaking.