Chapter 9

[Louis' POV]

You'd think that I'd be used to it by now, the pain, the dreadful agony of betrayal. Of repetitively being hurt by who I thought was my best friend. Really I should've seen this coming, I honestly should've. But with how he had been acting towards me lately, I was almost positive that he had changed his ways. My own mistake.

My mind was swimming with thoughts of what I should say to Harry, what I should tell him in the small letter that I had planned to leave him. But really, he would never understand how I felt no matter how hard I tried to get it through to him. He just only seemed to care about two things; himself and his popularity.

I sighed as I began stuffing random articles of clothing into my large suitcase, not even bothering with folding the pieces. Honestly, wrinkled clothing is the least of my worries. I scanned the room, looking around to take note of what I needed to bring with me and what Harry could just donate somewhere when my eyes landed on a small colorful band.

Another set of tears streamed down my cheeks as I stared at it. It was silly, really, that something that small, old, and useless could make me cry. But it was the friendship bracelet that Harry had made for me back in fifth grade. The edges had frayed from the worn material since I wore it until Harry took his off sometime last year.

He had been the one to give it to me, we were young and stupid but one day I was sick and unable to join him in our usual plans of playing in the park after school so he showed up at my house right after with the bracelet, telling me that he'd always be there for me. And I was naive enough to believe it.

But now, nearly thirteen years later I knew that he didn't care about me in the slightest, he even told me himself. His words repeated themselves in my mind as I zipped up the black case.

It had been a long day and I knew that I was exhausted but there's no way in hell that I planned to stay in this apartment more than I had to. It was clear that I was no longer welcome here.

I tugged my suitcase off of the bed and onto the floor with a groan. It was a lot heavier than I had meant it to be. I bet Harry could carry it with his damn pinky finger though. Asshole.

Sighing, I gently pulled it out, shutting my bedroom door behind me with a soft click, and after making sure that Harry was sleeping -which was pretty easy considering that he snores quite loudly, - I snuck out of the two bedroom apartment and down the elevator.

I wasn't sure where I was going. I had thought about going back to my mums house, knowing that she'd welcome me with open arms but I'm really far too old to move back in with my mother. I guess tonight I'll just find a cheap hotel, then tomorrow I'll find somewhere else to call home.

Maybe one day Harry won't be so... well, Harry. Until then, I guess I'll just have to try and stay out of danger so that he doesn't come find me and save me. He already thinks I'm completely weak, I really don't need him to come help me out like some damn charity case.

He has no other reason to look for me, hell, he probably won't even notice I'm not there until he gets bored and needs someone to make fun of.

I but my lip as I waved over a cab, thankful that there were some out this early in the morning. I pulled open the door, stepping in and pulling my luggage in next to me. Tomorrow is a new day.

~*~

The sound of my phone blaring woke me up from my slumber, making me groan in response, reaching over and grabbing the irritating device. Once my cell was in hand, I blindly answered the call, pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Lou? Oh, are you alright? Where are you?" The person on the other line began rambling, bombarding me with question after question.

"What? Y-Yeah, Mum, I'm fine," I muttered sleepily.

"Harry said that you just up and left and that you weren't answering his calls and I was just so worried about you."

"Oh, I, uhm, I blocked his number last night... I-I'm fine, I'm just at a hotel at the moment. I plan to go apartment shopping later..." I trailed off.

"Thank God. Why didn't you tell me any of this?" She asked me, letting out a sigh of relieve.

"It wasn't planned. It just sorta happened, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing," I explained.

"Okay..." She mumbled quietly in thought, "I guess as long as you're alright... You know that you can come to me if you ever need anything, right?"

"I know that, mum," I replied gently, tugging my lower lip Inbetween my teeth. "Thanks."

After exchanging soft 'I love you's, we both hung up our phones. I let out yet another sigh, running my fingers through my slightly greasy hair before I fell back onto the hard mattress.

Once I had finally decided that I really needed to get up, I stood, making my way to my suitcase to pull out my needed items. I then walked over to the small bathroom, setting my clothes and shampoo on top of the closed toilet lid before turning on the shower water.

I washed up in record time, staring down at the shower floor as the soap suds spilled down the drain. When I was finally finished, I grabbed one of the white towels, drying off and stepping out onto the cool tiles below.

I got dressed rather slowly however, my mind lost in thought about where I was planning on applying to work today. Really, I wasn't too particular. I just needed somewhere that paid at least a little bit more than minimum wage, and considering that I dropped out of high school to run around with who I thought was my best friend and fight crime with him, my chances were slim.

But I still hoped for something. Anything to make this better. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find it today.