Chapter 16

[Harry's POV]

I ignore Jay's advice to make a friend. Sure, I could tell them things but why would I trust a stranger? And then let them leave me again like my last friend did? Thanks, but no thanks. I'd would rather be alone. And it's not like I need anyone at the moment. There haven't been any kidnaps or murders or any criminal activity going on for the past few weeks, thank goodness. Or I just may not be aware of any of them and as bad as it sounds, I don't really care.

I've just been chilling, not really going anywhere. There hasn't been any food in the house for a week. I ate it all pretty quickly due to stress and I haven't found the time to go out and buy more groceries. Normally, I would just have Louis go and buy more food or even make me something but I'm on my own. The lack of food isn't taking a huge toll on my body, though I know it will catch up to me eventually.

Despite my efforts to shut everyone and everything out, my phone keeps beeping with notifications. Today I've decided to unplug the annoying communication box from it's charger to check my notifications, just to make them all go away. Typing in my 4 digit pin, I ignore my grumbling stomach and open up twitter. The media has died down about Louis' death and when I said I still loved him, which is good. There isn't much to talk about now.

I set the phone down, get up, and stretch my arms behind my head, sighing in relief when the knots in my back pop. Padding into the bathroom, I blearily look into the mirror at my image. A trail of dried saliva graces my right cheek, but I'm too lazy to wipe it away. My hair is flattened on one side and looks matted.

When was the last time I took a shower?

Sighing, I lift my shirt above my head and toss it back into my room. I do the same with my pajama bottoms, and then my underwear, not even caring where they land. Then I turn on the shower and step in, letting the water cascade down my body. I shudder to myself as the water is slightly on the cold side, which thankfully jolted me somewhat awake. I turn the blue knob to lessen the amount of frigid H2O and stand there as the water gets hotter and hotter. I stop turning the knob once the water reaches slightly scalding.

I shower somewhat quickly, washing my hair and my body before shutting off the water and reaching out the shower for my towel. Today will be the day that I finally crawl out of the sad hole I live in. My emotions can't get the best of me, and I need to prove to Jay and to the world that England's greatest superhero is doing just fine on his own.

Just fine.

* * *

"Can I get a hot chocolate and a brownie, please?" I fiddle with my wallet to get the money to pay. The barista stops my hands and winks at me in a way that she thinks is sexy, but I pull my hands away in disgust.

"You don't have to pay baby," she purrs. Or so she thinks. It's more like she's being strangled.

"Um thanks." I mutter, quickly grabbing my items before heading out the coffee shop. I was not planning on being eye-fucked while eating my brownie so I decided to get out of there as fast as I could.

I'm halfway down the street before I realize that the cup that I used wasn't for take out purposes. Cursing to myself, I'm about to go back into the store to face the barista but someone tugs on my arm, stopping me. My cup goes falling to the ground and I reach down and get it just in time. Some of the liquid sloshes over, splashing my hand. I glare at the offending person who backs away and points to their left. Looking in the direction that they're pointing, I see black smoke curl up into the bright sky. I forcefully hand my cup to them, shove my brownie in my mouth and sprint down the street. Reaching my destination in no time at all, I stand in front of the burning building and assess the situation.