Chapter 19

[Louis' POV]

"Louis," Someone started, a rather familiar voice speaking from the shadows, making me sit up straight. "Do you know who I am?" When I don't respond, the owner of the voice emerged from out of the darkness, his eyes trained on me and his clipboard held in his hand. "I know you can hear me, Louis. It's okay to speak. I'm not going to hurt you."

"I know," I finally say, shifting my blue eyes to look from him to the the only other person in this facility. He was hidden in another room, protected by a bulletproof window, staring intently at the computer screen in front of him. I knew, however, that he wasn't playing some random computer game but was tracking my brainwaves with the machine hooked up to me.

I looked back at the black haired man and he smiled. "Good. Can you tell me why you're here?"

Sighing, I answered. "You want to help me." It's not that I'm not thankful for their help, it's just that we've been through this same routine every single day for the past few years. Not to mention that the only time I ever get to leave the place is when the computer man would take me to some movie -which I was very thankful for- about once a month if I had done well. I had grown rather fond of him, he was a lot more laid back than the black haired man, he on the other hand, was quite scary.

"Brilliant," He grinned. "And who are we exactly?"

"Doct--" I started, but he quickly cut me off, shaking his head.

"No! Not our real names, our code names, Louis."

"Oh... Uhm, Alpha and Bandit, Sir." I said, glancing over at the blond computer nerd once again. He had been the one to choose the names, proudly announcing that he wanted them to be cool.
"Wonderful." Alpha said, he too looking at Bandit. "I think he's ready."

And with that, Bandit grinned, dashing from his seat to retrieve what the older male was talking about. They had been speaking of it often, waiting until the time was right. I didn't quite completely understand what I was 'ready' for though. I knew that it was a ring, and it was special. I had worn it before, a lot actually. They would give it to me everyday but take it off at night. They tried to let me use it twenty-four/seven but I couldn't ever sleep with it on.
Bandit reappeared, walking in with a smile. He opened the top of the ring box, gently lifting it and handing it to me. However, he got down on one knee and held it up to me as if he were proposing, but really, I knew he was just being a dork.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ri--" He started, but stopped when the black haired man smacked him lightly on the back of his head.

Bandit giggled and gave the ring to me, standing up before he sprinted off back to the other room to keep tabs on the machines as he did before. Alpha rolled his eyes but he held a fond look on his face, because really, he hadn't expected anything less from the blond.

"Put it on, Lou." He instructed, his voice firm and much more serious than before. I nodded, slipping the ring onto my finger as I had done many times before.

I felt a quick vibration, like an electric shock throughout my body and I watched as the veins in my hand turned black, traveling up my wrist and arm before they returned to their original bluish color above the skin. I shuttered, my head pounding, but I tried my best to keep it together. I couldn't lose it, not again.

Closing my eyes, I sucked in a deep breath, letting my nerves calm down ever so slightly before I opened them again. I pushed my arms out in front of me, interlocking my fingers and letting my knuckles pop.

"Louis, do you know what this ring does?" Alpha asked, continuing the interrogation.

"It gives me the power to defeat the enemy." I answer swiftly, not missing a beat.