Chapter 1

[Louis' POV]

Being Harry Styles' sidekick is not the easiest job in the world to do. Harry is cocky, arrogant, conceited, boastful, and pretty much any other adjective you can think of for someone that's a complete and utter asshole.

I sighed as I flipped through the channels of my flat screen television, rolling my eyes when I saw none other than that curly haired idiot's picture on my screen as the news reporters talked about his latest actions which just so happened to be saving a small girl from a kidnapper. What they don't know is that I'm the one that found her. I'm the one that gave the superhero those special gadgets and tools to take out the bad guys! All he did was take her out of the building for God's sake!

But does anyone give me an once of recognition? No.
Would it be nice to be recognized? Hell yes. 

Why would they, though? I'm just Harry's assistant for crying out loud. I'm not the one with the super strength or zero to sixty speed, I don't have his green eyes or his curls, I'm just the opposite of him - and I hate it.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Harry, I really do, he's my best friend actually. I just wish that maybe every once and a while get his head out of his arse and actually pay a bit of attention to me. That doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do, but with Harry you'd be surprised.

I jumped when I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. Looking up, I sighed when I saw the super man himself standing in the doorway, buttoning up his white shirt. His hair was disarrayed and his pink lips were swollen. I wasn't surprised when I saw a short blonde rush out of the room, handing a card to the tall man with a wink before disappearing out the front door.

Once she was gone, Harry scoffed and crumbled up the paper, tossing it into the trash can that was across the room with ease. 

"Girls are so desperate for me." He chuckled, plopping down next to me and kicking his feet up on the coffee table carelessly.

"Must be nice." I muttered under my breath, quickly changing that channel to find some old action film playing.

"Hey, just because you can't get laid doesn't mean you can rain on my parade. Today's a good day Louis, I have an interview later on and I don't need you ruining my good mood."

"You mean the interview that I set up for you? I'm supposed to be your partner, not your freaking manager." I told him, folding my arms across my chest in irritated.

 "Don't be a little bitch, Lou. It's not my fault that you weren't born with awesome powers or natural good looks like I was."

And that's all it took for me to stand up, the remote falling out of my grasp and onto the leather sofa as I turned and walked back to my room, ignoring Harry's calls of my name. He was right, I knew that he was but it still hurt to no existent.

Slamming the bedroom door shut, I huffed, plopping back onto my bed and draping my left arm over my blue eyes. I refused to cry over such foolish things, it's not going to make anything better just to wallow in misery over the fact that I'm not any of the things people want or love.

Loneliness is inevitable for me at this point, I realized that a long time ago. My parents kicked me out when I was seventeen, I had no real friends but Harry and now even he acts like I don't matter much to him anymore. No one else really knows I exist but I'm okay with that I guess.

Not really, but it's not like I have a choice in the matter. I mean it's not like I can just prance out on to the streets of London wearing a sign that says 'I help Harry on all of his missions.' Well, I guess I could, not that people would believe me anyway.

I heard the front door shut so I assumed that the green-eyed lad had already gone out - most likely going to find another chick to bang since it's still early after all. I'm not sure why I thought that maybe, just maybe, he might actually find that somewhere in the pits of his dark soul that he would care about me at least in the tiniest bit and try to go after me but after waiting another few minutes, I understood that my earlier thoughts of him leaving were in fact correct.

Blinking back a few tears, I grabbed my phone from the charger and typed in my four digit pin number quickly. Scrolling through twitter feed I sighed when I realized that the only thing that was showing up was tweets about the one and only Harry Styles. I guess it was bound to happen, I don't know why I thought that maybe anything would be different. But it wasn't, everything was pretty much the same as it always was.

Get up, eat, pretend you don't exist because to everyone else you don't, help your life-long best friend on a mission, get zero recognition, and go back to sleep just to start it all over again the next day. But I'll be okay, I always am anyway.