Chapter 7

[Louis' POV]

I clutched tightly to my pillow, burying my face into the slightly damp fabric below me as yet another sob racked through my small frame. The sound of Harry throwing around random pieces of furniture was the only other noise throughout the whole apartment apart from my own crying.

I'm sure he heard me in here, no matter how hard I tried to keep quiet I knew that his advanced hearing would pick up every single little sniffling sound I made. He would always get angry about how annoyingly loud I was when I cried so god knows that he was probably about to come down to yell at me.

However, that moment never came and not too much longer after, things became silent. I wasn't sure if he had given up and just decided to try and get some rest after his temper tantrum or if he had left. Knowing him, it was probably the latter, going out late at night to hook up with some random girl that's practically throwing herself at the hero. Not that I care though, I mean I just don't see the point in fücking around like he does.

Honestly, I think he only does it to keep a 'bad ass' reputation. But at the same time, he still saves people so he doesn't look like the total douche bag he really is. I really don't know why, or how he started acting this way. Back when we were younger, he was just a scared kid trying to make it through life just like the rest of us, but here he is now, all big with his super powers and a cocky ego to match.

But there's nothing I can do about it, I never could. He stopped listening to me long ago. So who knows what he problem is, he shut me out years ago.

Maybe my mum was right, maybe some people can't change once they've decided who they want to be. I just wish that I could convince Harry to turn back into the person he used to be back in high school -only maybe a bit more mature. But who am I kidding? I know the chances of him becoming the nice, sweet Harry Styles he once was before and they're definitely anything but high.

I yawned, rubbing at my reddened eyes tiredly as I stared at the alarm clock on top of my bedside table. It was only eleven but I decided to go to sleep, having nothing better to do than linger on the past. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough and my dreams will be filled with that unrealistic joy that everyone begs for.

~*~

Weeks went by and the days grew colder, making nearly everyone bundle up in their heaviest coats. Every home was filled with presents and tall Christmas trees and every shop was losing the some of the last few toys on the shelves for those last minute shoppers who had forgotten to buy a gift before now.

I, on other hand was one of the only people not in the Christmas spirit. I had visited my mum a few days ago and spent the evening with her, exchanging gifts then instead of today like most people would do.

Harry had yet to emerge from his own bedroom, most likely spending his time looking at his own reflection in the mirror. He always reminded me of the Greek God's son, Narcissus. The one that fell in love with his own reflection but the only difference is that Harry has yet to drown himself.

Taking yet another sip from my lukewarm coffee, I sighed. I grabbed my phone to check the time of day when it began buzzing with new notifications. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's also my twenty-third birthday. Not that it really matters, I mean the only person that actually cares would be my mother, these people are just being polite.

Harry's door creaked when he finally did exit his bedroom, padding over to me and sitting down next to me, "How's your ankle?" He muttered.

"What?" I asked, blinking a few times in surprise. I had gotten my cast off a week or so ago and I hadn't heard even an ounce of concern come from the curly haired hero until now.