Chapter 14 - Guardian Sasuke

"You two must have had a long journey here," said Akihiro as he accompanied you out from the banquet hall into the vast corridors of the family palace. You daintily nodded, remembering to stay silent and polite. Sasuke trailed no more than three feet behind you, keeping a careful eye on the goings on between you and the Crown Prince. "Have your horses and carriage been tended to?" Your face collapsed into a look of confusion before you quickly recomposed yourself, meekly uttering, "Yes. It has been done," all the while feeling guilty of lying as you genuinely had no idea about their whereabouts, nor did you give a damn. As you strode through the lavish hallways, you passed exquisite framed portraits of people whom you assumed to be ancestors of Akihiro's family, all of them dressed in attire fit for royalty. You tried not to gawk too much at the excess lavishness; you had to bear in mind that you were Crown Princess Yuki of the Land of Ice, and if anything, your life was just as far fetched and costly as the Crown Prince's.

"I look forward to spending time with you for the next fortnight, Princess Yuki," said Akihiro softly, hanging his head and letting loose, silky strands of his maroon hair drape down the sides of his face. "If I may be so brash as to ask of you, but would you find it too hasty of me to ask if you would like to live out your stay in my quarters? I completely understand if not, it is a bit-"

"With all due respect, your Majesty," came Sasuke's cold voice, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. "I have received direct orders from the Crown Princess's parents- the esteemed King and Queen- that she is to have her own personal, private quarters, which I am to stand guard over." Akihiro let out a hearty laugh and stopped in his tracks, causing you to turn around.

"Come, now, Sasuke," chuckled the Prince, smiling into the back of his gloved hand. "If memory serves me correctly, you have been by Yuki's side since the beginning of your journey here. You must at least allow me to send others to aid you in the protection of our dearest princess."

"My instructions were quite clear," said Sasuke, reverting to his sharp, cold ways. "The princess is to stay in her own quarters, and I am the only one allowed. No buts or exceptions." Akihiro looked like he wanted to say something further, but instead sighed and shrugged it off.

"Of course. Let me show you the way, and you can get accustomed." He led you further away from the banquet room where you had originally began, and soon, you were standing in front of a pair of pure white, gold emblazoned double doors, which towered well above your heads. Akihiro held out an arm, bowing as he opened one of the doors.

"Your quarters, my lady," he said courteously, pushing the door open for you. "If you need anything, do not hesitate to call down to the kitchens. There is a phone on the bedside table; you will be able to contact any member of staff if need be. As for your luggage and belongings, they have all been ordered and packed into the adjacent wardrobe. Any questions?"

You smiled graciously and shook your head, grabbing the folds of your skirt as you curtseyed to the prince.

"None at all. Thank you for the hospitality, Prince Akihiro." The prince smiled as you walked into the room, followed closely by Sasuke.

"Good night, Yuki." The door was shut and locked, and you waited a few more seconds before letting out a loud sigh of relief.

"UGH! Can I change back yet?" you sniffled, glaring at your horribly royal attire. Sasuke, meanwhile, had taken to examining every nook and cranny that the room had to offer, which included the en suite bathroom and walk in wardrobe.

"There seems to be nothing fishy, so go ahead," grunted the Uchiha, shutting the door of the wardrobe and walking over to the nearby desk. He pulled it out and put it beside the head of the bed, making you raise an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" you mused, placing your hands together and weaving the signs which would transform you back into your own body. In a puff of smoke, Crown Princess Yuki had disappeared, and all that remained was you as you felt her corset burning into your ribs, straining your lungs as you struggled to breathe from the clothes that were made to fit the princess's slim and petite figure.

"Sa-Sa-Sa-" you choked, flailing your arms wildly as you dived for the Uchiha, who caught you with a look of confusion on his facials. "He-lp-m-eee-" You pointed at your waist before turning your back to him,urging him to help you out of the clothes.

"What?"

"K-k-ku-n-nai-" you breathed heavily, shaking your finger. "O-off! Off!" Unable to find enough breath to string together legible sentences, you hoped Sasuke would understand from the singular words you were using. Now panting heavily and doubled over, you were on the brink of turning around and smacking the Uchiha upside the face for being slow. He grimaced at the sight, and in an instant, had pulled a kunai out from his kunai pouch and slashed down the back of your suffocating dress in one smooth movement, instantly releasing you and your larger bits from the grasps of the princess's too small clothes.

"Where are my clothes?" you asked quizzically, quickly slipping your arms out of your now torn bra, corset, undergarments and dress, yet keeping the material over your bosom.

"Wardrobe." In a hurry, you rushed to the wardrobe, found your own clothes and made your way back to the bedroom, where Sasuke was discarding the tattered remains of Yuki's clothes.

"Coming to bed?" you chirped, making your way to the large king sized four poster bed while Sasuke finished up getting rid of the evidence. Wiping his hands down, he shook his head.

"I'm supposed to be guarding you, dummy," he scoffed lightly, shaking his head. "What if someone comes in and sees you instead of the princess? Then what?" You groaned and rolled your eyes, getting into the bed.

"They won't, we'll be able to sense them from a mile away, even in our sleep!" you retorted, fluffing your pillow. "Come on, duckbutt. You need rest just as much as I do." Sasuke grimaced, and walked over to turn off the light. You heard him sit down on the chair beside the bed and sighed.

"Fine, stay up if you want," you said in defeat, finally lying down. "Goodnight, Sasuke."

Twenty, thirty, forty minutes passed in silence and darkness, yet you were still awake, restless by the fact that Sasuke was wide awake beside you.

"... [Name]?" You didn't reply, and seconds later, you were glad you didn't. The sounds of Sasuke unstrapping his weapons from himself broke the silence, and you felt the bed sink ever so lightly as he slid in behind you, facing your back. You grinned with victory, and all you heard from the Uchiha was, "I'll wake up before she does so she won't notice." You mentally chuckled; Sasuke could be so stubborn sometimes. But it helped to know that you could sway him at times.