Chapter 9 - Crown Princess Yuki

"So what exactly am I doing, Sasuke? I did all this training, but I never actually knew what it was all for..."

You and Sasuke were exiting the village gates and waving goodbye to Izumo and Kotetsu when you brought the matter up to the Uchiha. Sure, you were going to pretend to be a princess, but why, exactly? After the two of you were a good few minutes away from the village, Sasuke finally spoke. For this mission, the two of you had ditched your uniforms for more relaxed clothing, and the only thing that signified you were shinobi were your Konoha headbands, kunai pouches, and rays of fear that emitted from every pore in your bodies. Apart from that, you and Sasuke were just an ordinary pair of people travelling together.

"Crown Princess Yuki is set to be married to the Crown Prince of the Land of Lava," he said rather boredly. "Her parents, however, don't quite trust him yet, because they believe that their engagement is all just a ruse for the prince to get access to the Land of Ice's resources and wealth, and are worried that something might happen to their daughter."

"WHAT?! AM I MARRYING THIS DUDE FOR HER?!" Sasuke jumped at you rising your voice and shook his head, quickly making to put out the flames that he had unwittingly begun to ignite in you.

"No! Well, the princess is supposed to be staying in the Land of Lava for two weeks to familiarise herself with her surroundings, you know, and this is where we come in. The Crown Princess's parents have told the Crown Prince's parents that only one bodyguard would be escorting their daughter, aka me. Now, we're heading straight to the Land of Ice, and as soon as we get there, we'll get the transition of you to Crown Princess Yuki completed, and make our way to the Land of Lava. As soon as we leave, you're royalty, and everything you learned the last week will be put to the test. Got it?"

"Am I spending time with her fiance?" As soon as the word 'fiance' escaped your lips, Sasuke scowled and crossed his arms.

"Yes. We've put in a request that you get a separate room from him though, and I'll be there with you. Actually, I'll be with you twenty four seven, so there's really not much to worry about. Just do as you're told, speak when spoken to- got it?"

"Sounds easy, but okay," you shrugged. "How much do I get paid after these two weeks?" Sasuke scowled at the mention of you bringing up the cost of your services, and pinched the bridge of his nose as he struggled to deal with you and your queries.

"The King and Queen are willing to pay 2,500,000 ryo if we get this right," he said. "We give 500,000 to the village to cover our taxes and all that stuff, and split the leftover between us." You let out a low whistle. 2,500,000 ryo? The most you'd ever been paid before was 1,250,000 ryo, and that was to take down one of the deadliest assassins in the village's bingo book.

"I should start working for the Land of Ice more often," you joked, making Sasuke roll his eyes.

"Anyway," he pressed on. "Moral of the story, don't have sex with the Crown Prince. You'll be a princess, and regardless of whether you're engaged or not, don't do anything irrational, alright?"

"Tch." You scoffed and flipped your hair over your shoulder. "I doubt I'll even like this guy. He sounds like a stuffy bastard."

"No sex." Unless it's with me. Sasuke's eyes widened and he glanced cautiously at you, as if he expected you to be able to invade his thoughts. He himself couldn't believe what had just come into his mind- what the hell??

"Don't worry, Sasuke, I'm not that kind of girl," you hummed dully, outstretching your arms and yawning loudly as you soaked in the sunlight. "It's a beautiful day! Let's enjoy it while we can!"

All Sasuke could do was try his best to hide his blush.