Chapter 6 - Physical Things

"Look, Sasuke! I knitted you this!"

"What on Earth- you were meant to be learning how to sew!"

"What's the difference?? Here, try them on-"

"No, [Name], go aw- [Name]!" You giggled as you forced a pair of your very own homemade kitten ears onto the Uchiha, beaming as he scowled at you in annoyance with his face going a bright shade of red. It had been yet another successful lesson, and by now, Sasuke was actually beginning to have hopes for you. It wasn't all that late, though, in comparison to your earlier lessons- it was only about five o'clock, and here you were, walking home with Sasuke.

"Hey, duck-butt, do you wanna grab something to eat?" you suggested, still fawning over the cute little kitten Uchiha. He rolled his eyes at you, muttering under his breath. You nudged him with your elbow, wiggling your eyebrows at him.

"Eh, Sasuke? Eh? Eh?"

"Yes. Fine, whatever," he snapped, glaring at you. "Just a reminder that you have a lesson on tea ceremony tomorrow. I'm not concerned about any of those physical things because I know you'll do them well." You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Physical things?" you chirped, giving him the "oh no you didn't" look. He spluttered, backtracking on his use of words.

"Physical things! Like hunting and s- stop making things sound perverted!" he exclaimed in an exasperated tone, his cheeks of bright red going a deep maroon. "You're paying for dinner!"

You chuckled, crossing your arms.

"Of course, Sasuke," you said in a normal voice. But somehow, to the Uchiha, your voice sounded soft, almost melodic, and he was perplexed as to why you were speaking in such a tone.

"Why are you talking like that?" You blinked at him in confusion.

"Talking like what?"

"That- that way! Why are you talking like that?!" You raised your eyebrow yet again and placed the back of your hand against Sasuke's forehead in curiosity.

"Are you coming down with something?" you asked. Sasuke slapped you away, shaking his head.

"Just- nothing," he huffed in an annoyed tone, dusting off his clothes. "Now, where are we going to eat?"

You beamed instantly.

"Why, none other than Ichiraku Ramen! I bet you we might even run into Naruto!" you squealed, excited from the prospect of being able to catch up with your little Uzumaki blonde ball of happiness. Sasuke noted your behaviour, and as you walked ahead of him, he felt a great pang in his chest. He stared at your back, lost in thought as to what this sudden jab in his chest would be.

You turned around, grinning like a maniac, and cupped you hands around your mouth.

"Oi, dobe! You coming or not?" you called brightly, your positive energy literally oozing out of every pore in your body. Onlookers were surprised to see that a kunoichi like you was hanging around with an ex-rogue like Sasuke. The Uchiha cleared his throat and nodded, telling you to walk ahead. As you turned away again, he felt yet another pang in his chest, but this time, it wasn't as sharp as the first. It was more of a relaxing feeling, starting from one point, before spreading itself out in tethers to the rest of his body.

"What the fuck?" was the first thing that escaped Sasuke's lips as he watched you traisp away from him. "What am I... what?"

"Sasuke!"

"Coming!"