Chapter 31 - Mr and Mrs Uchiha

"Yo, [Name], you got this- oh?"

Letting himself into your apartment the next day, Naruto sweatdropped at the sight he was greeted with. Sasuke stood at the stove making eggs for the two of you, while you sat at the table grating cheese as you waited for your toast to pop up.

At the sound of the front door opening, both you and the Uchiha turned your attention to Naruto, with you standing up and putting your grater and cheese down.

"Hey, Naruto!" you greeted warmly, walking over to your guest and noticing that he had an envelope in his hands. "What's that?"

"I was about to ask you that," he said apprehensively, his gaze switching from you and Sasuke, who returned to his task at hand. Taking the letter from him, you groaned as you recognised the royal seal on it.

"Great, it's from Yuki." You sighed and went back to the table, where you turned over the letter in your hands. It was a fine white envelope closed with a bright red wax stamp that bore the Land of Ice's insignia on it, a single character that read "ice."

Naruto joined you as you broke the seal, already dreading what it would say.

"To Mr and Mrs Uchiha... first of all, ew," you cringed as you read the opening line, shivering at being called Mrs Uchiha. Beside you, Naruto oggled at the writing over your shoulder, while Sasuke stood silently at the oven. "I hope you two have returned to Konoha safe and well. Once again, I would like to express my gratitude for your service to both my kingdom and I, and would like to apologise deeply for any grievances I may have caused through my actions following the idea of a proposal to Sasuke. However..."

You trailed off as you skimmed the rest of the letter, your eyes widening more and more by the second.

"However?!" Naruto and Sasuke were both waiting intensely for the rest of the letter.

"However... as a means of showcasing my goodwill towards you and Sasuke, I would be... honoured... if I were able to partake in the planning of this exciting and... joyous occasion... Of course, not immediately, as I know these things can take some time, and..." You groaned and hung your head, unable to read anymore.

"NO WAY!" you wailed, sobbing as you tossed the letter towards Naruto and slammed your face down onto the table. "That's it! That's the nail in the coffin!"

Naruto picked up the letter and started reading from where you had stopped.

"... and meticulous thought and planning towards making it a day to remember. Although I know it is something far out of my right to ask, I beseech that you may allow me even a small part towards contributing to your lovely day. Whether it be organising flowers, booking a venue, or even choosing the perfect dress for the day, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

"I look forward to your swift reply. My parents and I would be so happy to assist both of you for this day, especially after all you have done for us. Sincerely, Crown Princess Yuki."

"Nope, fuck this," you complained, snatching the letter out of Naruto's hands and reading through it once more to make sure you weren't imagining things. "No no no no! She cannot be serious! Who the hell asks someone they employed if they can help plan their wedding?! That's so- she's acting as if we were friends!"

"Just write back to her and politely decline," said Naruto, prompting Sasuke to finally break his silence.

"No. Just write back to her and say we haven't decided on a date," he said with an air of finality, turning back to the stove and transferring the eggs onto a plate. "It could be months, it could be years until we finally decide on tying the knot. Keep her guessing."