Chapter 58 - Cooperation

"... ugh. Rock paper scissors to see who has to go."

As you and Sasuke attempted to get into bed for the night, you could both make out the almost indiscernible sobs of Yuki coming from the guest room. As much as you wanted to ignore her, you knew for a fact that she wouldn't be quietening down anytime soon. And Sasuke's suggestion to just 'be louder than her' was also highly inappropriate, even for your standards.

"UGHHH!" You threw your head back in a loud groan as you threw a scissors against Sasuke's rock, annoyedly swinging your legs off of the bed and storming towards the bedroom door. You headed straight to Yuki's room, where her sobs only grew louder the closer you approached.

Breathe, [Name], breathe, you hummed to yourself, closing your eyes as you braced yourself.

"Yuki?" you called, knocking gently on the door. Her sobs were immediately muffled, and as much as you wanted to retreat to the comfort of your own room, you added, "I'm coming in."

Seeing Yuki wearing your pyjamas was enough to make you want to gag, but you shook it off at the sight of her kneeling at the end of her bed, face buried in her hands.

"Since when did you pray?" you snorted, shutting the door behind yourself as Yuki looked up and glared.

"What do you want?" she choked, wiping her face as you sat on the other side of her bed. "Are you just here to laugh at me?"

"As much as I want to say yes, I'm actually here because Sasuke and I can't sleep unless you tone down the tears," you said dully, not caring about her feelings. "Could you do that?"

"Why don't you two just make some noise of your own to cover it up?" scowled Yuki, sliding onto the bed and sitting with her back to you on the other side of it.

"Ew, even I wouldn't want to put you through that," you shuddered, wrapping your arms around yourself as you stared at the wall. "But anyway, I see you've stopped crying now. Thank you for your cooperation."

As you stood up, Yuki clenched her fists.

"Wait," she said abruptly, making you raise an eyebrow as you stood with your back to her.

"Waiting."

"Look, I..." Yuki trailed off, and you looked over your shoulder to see why she had stopped speaking. There was emptiness in her eyes, but without any reason to assume why, you sighed and asked, "I'm looking. What am I looking at?"

Yuki shook her head, shrinking away from you.

"... never mind. I'll be quiet now. Goodnight."

"Huh, I never thought we'd be able to have a civilised conversation. Goodnight."

Dusting off your hands, you excused yourself from Yuki's room and headed back to your own. As soon as you walked in and saw Sasuke lounging on the bed, you let out a loud, drawn out groan.

"Aw, you managed to shut her up. I thought we were going to be able to do this my way."

"Sasuke, put your clothes back on!"

"Why don't you take yours off?"

"Because... ughhhhh!"