Chapter 10: Hurt

Dally got up off the couch, and walked towards us, one of his hands clenched in a fist. I grabbed Pony's hand, making him look who was coming.

"Little slut, don't think we didn't hear you up there. And don't think that Steve didn't tell us the details on what he saw," Dally said, stopping a foot from me.

"Leave her alone Dal, you're the one who brought me and Johnny back. You said it was all because Ashley needed me!" Pony shouted at him.

"Listen kid, if you know what's good for ya, you'll shut up. I coulda left you two out there to die, but instead, I decided to bring you home to your little whore," Dally yelled back, "you shoulda seen what she did when you was gone, or should I say who she did." Pony looked at me, eyes wide.

"Y-you cheated on me Ash?" he said, his eyes filling with hurt and betrayal, and he dropped my hand.

"No! I would never do that!" I said, thinking Pony would never believe Dally.

"Sorry kid, she did. With me too," Dally said, faking regret. Pony looked at me, and back to Dally, then stormed out the house.

"You filthy hood! What the hell do have against me?! Can you not see how much I love him?! Go find some other broad to sleep with!" I screamed. And when Dally just laughed, I punched him. Right in the nose, causing blood to start dripping. Gasps came from the other boys, as I ran out of the house, trying to get away from Dally.

"Pony! Please wait!" I shouted, running after him. He turned, and slowed a bit. I caught up with him, and started pulling him along with me.

"What happened?" he asked, looking back to see Dally, who was holding his still bleeding nose.

"I called the bastard out on lying about me cheating and punched him in the nose," I said, my pace slowing down.

"Really? So, it's not true?" he asked, looking at me in disbelief.

"Really, ask anyone else. When we get back, ask Soda and Darry about it, they'll tell you what happened," I said, now gasping for breath. It wasn't before long until I tripped on a crack on the sidewalk, twisting my ankle.

"Shit, help!" I cried, and Pony picked me up and kept running. He ran until we reached the park, and he set me down on bench.

"I think we're just gonna have to take what's comin to us," Pony said, seeing Dally turn the corner. I stood up, my ankle not hurting as much as it did before, and braced myself for what was coming.

"Hey bitch! No one hits Dallas Winston and gets away with it!" Dally shouted, getting closer to us.

"Well too bad because I just did!" I yelled back.

"That's what you think.." he said back, chuckling. I felt Pony reach for my hand, and I took it and screamed,

"Dallas Winston, I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!"

"That's what they all say, you little slut," he said, now standing right in front of me. The last thing I remember is Dally raising his fist and Pony screaming for him to stop.
Then everything went black.