Chapter 2: Embarrassment

It took me a second to realize two things, 1. I was in my bra and underwear, and 2. Ponyboy was standing in the shower looking at me.

"Oh my god! Don't look Pony!" I screeched, grabbing for my towel. Once I had it secure, I slid down against the wall, my face hot and probably red.

"I-it's okay Ash, I didn't see anything I wasn't supposed to," he muttered, also red in the face.

"Well I'm gonna go finish getting dressed in the guest room, I guess." I said, grabbing the rest of my clothes and hurrying out of there. I went into the guest room and sat down on the bed, trying not to think about what just happened. So I pulled on my light green t-shirt and skinny jeans, then I hunted around in the drawers for a brush. After finally finding one and getting through the hell I like to call my hair, there was a soft knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I said, looking in the small mirror on the dresser.

"It's Pony, think we can talk now?" he said through the door. I laughed and opened up the door for him.

"At least we're both "decent" this time, ammiright?" he chuckled. I blushed and shook my head.

"Soo, back in Tulsa? What for?" Pony asked.

"My dad turned into an alcoholic a couple months ago, when my mom left, and he started abusing me, and last night it got so bad I came here." I said, my breaths coming unevenly.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry Ash." he said, pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him back, he'd gotten more of build since I'd been gone, and he'd grown his hair out more.

*Ponyboy's POV*
"Gosh I'm so sorry Ash," I said as I pulled her in for a hug. She hugged me and I noticed that her body had softened over 3 years, she had curves now and I had the hormonal teenage mind.

*Ashley's POV*
We pulled away from each other and went down the steps to see what was for lunch.

"Hey Two Bit, what's for lunch?" Pony asked.

"Chocolate cake, as usual you nitwit," Two Bit replied, cutting himself a hefty piece of Darry's famous cake. Everyone followed suit, except for Darry, who was already mixing another cake.

"Whatcha makin another cake for Darry?" I asked.

"For when Steve, Soda, and Dally decide to drop by," he replied, not looking up from his cake. No wonder the cake was always amazing, Darry concentrated so hard on it. The door then opened, and closed with a bang.

"Hey boys, whatcha got for me?" Dally asked as he came in.

"Nothin for you yet, but Darry's makin more cake." Two Bit said, shoveling the last of his piece into his mouth.

"Who's the nice lookin broad there, huh?" Dally said, looking at me. I shrank in my chair a bit.

"That's Ash Randle, y'know Steve's cousin who used to hang with us?" Pony said, pointing to a picture hanging on the wall. Dally walked over to it and squinted,

"Oh yeah, I remember you, nice to have ya back kid."

"Thanks, it's great to BE back," I said, thankful I was finally away from my dad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*about 2 hours later*
I was nodding off on the couch watching Mickey when Steve and Soda burst through the door.

"Hey guys! We're hooome!" Soda yelled, goofy as ever. I rolled my eyes at him and went over to Steve.

"Hey Steve, all of my clothes and money and stuff are still at my dads, but I just wanna stay here, what should I do?" I'd been wondering about this all afternoon.

"How bout I go get it after work tonight then you can get set up here? Does that sound alright?" Steve said, as Darry handed him a piece of cake.

"That sounds great! Thanks Steve!" I said and gave him a quick hug and ran out to the lot where the boys usually hung out.

When I got to the lot, all the boys were doing was..looking at old pictures? Huh, that's weird, I thought as I walked behind some of them.

"What y'all lookin at?" I asked, curious.

"Just some old pictures of us, and you," Two Bit said mischievously.

"What?! No!" I cried, trying to throw myself over the pictures. The only good that did was land me right on Pony's lap.

*Ponyboy's POV*
Two Bit decided to tease Ash about the pictures, and she tried to throw herself over them. That dummy, all she did was end up on my lap.

"Whoops! Sorry Pony!" she said, and tried to right herself from the awkward angle she was at.
"It's alright,need some help?"
When she struggled, I grabbed her legs and flipped her over on to the grass. Laughing, she said,

"Not cool Pony." and proceeded to pretend to pout.

*Ashley's POV*
Even though I saved myself some embarrassment, I still had to go through A LOT.

"Lookit wittle Ashley without her shirt on," Two Bit said, dangling a picture from when I was 8.

"C'mon Two, cut it out," I said, reaching for the picture.

"Or what about this one, where you can't tell Ashley apart from us?" Two Bit said, almost crying from laughing. That picture had the whole gang together with our footballs, and mind you, I was 10 in the picture and didn't have a shirt on.

"Oh my gosh! When did we take this?!" I shouted, turning tomato red and Two passed the picture around.

"Glory, this isn't happening.." I groaned into my hands.

"C'mon everyone! Come in for supper!" Darry yelled. Thank god, that was enough embarrassment for me for a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello everyone! I know since this is my first story it won't be very popular, but I'd be so grateful if you guys would vote and comment any ideas or suggestions you have for this story. Thanks!