Chapter 4: The Truth

*Ponyboy's POV*
I woke up that morning to Ashley's arms tight around my waist, and her head on my chest. Stay calm, Ponyboy, stay calm. I tried to loosen her arms gently, but she just groaned and snuggled in more. Ah, what the heck, I thought.

"Rise an shine sleepy head," I said, flicking her on the head.

"Heyy..that hurt," she said groggily, as she slowly sat up.

"Sorry Ley, that's the only way to do it," I said grinning.

"You idiot," she said, rolling her eyes. I flopped back on the pillows and closed my eyes, thinking about what to say and how to say it. When would I say it? Glory, I'm a mess. Then a pillow hit me square in the face. Ashley laughed and hit me again, but I grabbed it and tossed it at her chest.

"PILLOW FIGHTTT!" Ashley yelled, and Soda, Two Bit, and Johnny came running in. They all grabbed a pillow and started to beat on each other. Ash and I were both standing on the bed when Two Bit fell on to it, causing us to fall. Causing Ash to fall right on top of me.

"Eek! Two Bit!" she cried, reaching for her pillow, but Two had already grabbed it and thrown it out of the room. She tried to get up, but gave up and slumped against me.

*Ashley's POV*
The pillow fight tired me out more than anything, I just wanted to fall asleep again. Yawning, I said,

"Pony? Can I go back to sleep?" He looked at me and chuckled.

"Course, Ash. Sleep good." he said, pulling the blankets over me and shooing the rest of the boys out. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.
*3 hours later*

"C'mon Ashy, get up!" Soda said in a baby-talk voice. I just groaned and rolled over.

"I got a note for ya," he said, making me open my eyes a bit.

"Who from?" I asked, hoping it wasn't Dally.

"Ponyboy, says he wants you to meet him at the lot around 11:30. So in," Soda looked at his watch, "in about 10 minutes."

"Crap. I gotta get dressed," I said and walked to my room. Today, I wore a dark blue sweater with the sleeves cut off that I found in a drawer, and a pair of jean shorts. And my Converse.

"See ya later Soda!" I said as I walked out the door. A million things raced through mind, what did he want to talk about?

*Ponyboy's POV*
I saw her walking towards the lot, and she looked pretty as ever. She was wearing my old cut off sweater is lost, and shorts that showed off her amazing legs. Stop it, I thought to myself, trying to control my thoughts.

"Hey Ash!" I called and jogged to meet her.

"Hey," she said shyly, which was surprising, since she's never been shy.

"You're wearin my clothes there Ash," I said, and she immediately looked down and blushed.

"This is yours? It's mighty comfy," she said, sitting down and leaning against a log.

"Ashley?" I asked.

"Yeah Pony?" she replied.

"Do you wanna know the reason I wanted to meet with you? To talk to you?" I asked, my heart beat quickening.

"Yes, actually I'm dying to hear it. It's been killin me all morning," she said, and scooched closer to me.

"Well, I, uh, I.." I stammered, looking at Ash.

"C'mon, spit it out Pony," she said.

"I like you Ash. I like you a lot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to leave off here, and make it a good cliffhanger. Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!