Chapter 9: Return

*about a week later, Ashley's POV*
This past week has been hell; I've had nightmares every night and Dally's tried to get with again twice. The gang makes sure someone is always with me, to protect me from Dally. I miss Pony so much it hurts. Every time I think of him, I get this pain in my chest and throat. I need him.

*Ponyboy's POV*
It's been about a week since me and Johnny have been out here, in this abandoned church. Dally came and got us this morning actually, I was overjoyed. I'll finally get to see my Ash again.

*Ashley's POV*
I woke with start when I heard the door slam. I walked downstairs to tell whoever it was to keep it down, but I stopped dead in my tracks. In the kitchen, stood Johnny and Pony. I ran to Pony and flung my arms around his neck, and next thing I knew I was crying.

"Shh, shh. Ash, it's okay, I'm here." Pony whispered, stroking my hair.

"I missed you so goddamn much," I choked out, tears pouring down my cheeks. I probably nearly squeezed the life outta him.

"I missed you too, but we're finally together again," he said, resting his forehead against mine. I looked up at him, and as our lips met, the pain in my chest went away.

"What's all the ruckus down here?" Darry said, stumbling down the stairs. His eyes widened when he saw Pony, and Pony ran to hug him. Soda came down next, and joined the hug. I stood there, smiling. There was nothing better than seeing them together.

"C'mon Ash, I gotta tell you somethin," Pony said, taking my hand and leading to his room.

"What'd you wanna tell me?" I asked, looking at him. He'd bleached his hair, but I thought it still looked tuff. He looked thinner too, but still kinda muscular. I'd never really had the chance to look at him, and I noticed how hot he actually was.

"Um, Ash? Helloo?" he said, waving his hand in front of my face. I went red and muttered sorry.

"As I was saying," he said, winking at me, "I think we should pick up where we left off with that last kiss." I smirked at him and said,

"You'll have to catch me first." I darted out of his room and down to my own, forgetting there wasn't a door anymore.

"Look who's mine now," Pony said, grabbing me and flipping me over his shoulder and carrying me back to his room. He dropped me on the bed and turned to close the door. He took off his flannel shirt he had on, it was awful warm today, and was left in a white tank.

"Ash, you're practically drooling," Pony said, laughing at me. I went red again and covered my face. I felt arms go under mine, and they hoisted me up, leaving me staring into Pony's eyes. His arms dropped to my waist and pulled me closer, I could see the lust and passion in his eyes. We crashed our lips together, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, which pulled us even closer. He deepened the kiss as I snaked my fingers through his hair, gently tugging now and then. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip, and I pulled away. He groaned, and I smirked at him, enjoying his defeat. He started to trail kisses down the side of my face and neck, until I pushed him back on the bed. He looked at me in shock, but then pulled me down to him. He kissed me again, but I let him use his tongue this time. Our kiss got hotter, and Pony started to play with the hem of my shirt and the waistband of my shorts. One of my hands rested on his chest, while the other was fumbling with his belt buckle. I felt his hands go up my shirt and he started feeling my boobs. I broke the kiss to finish undoing his belt, just as Steve walked in.

"Hey, have y'all seen Sod.." he trailed off when he saw us, red faced and messy haired, laying on the bed. My face turned a deeper red, probably almost purple by now.

"I'll just leave you two alone now," Steve said, and closed the door. I sat up and fixed my shirt, while Pony lay there, staring at me.

"Glory, that was hot," he said, putting a hand on my thigh. I looked at his tightened jeans and stifled a giggle.

"You sure think that," I said, and he looked down and went red. I laughed, and he sat up too.

"Ash, you're so beautiful," he murmured, brushing some hair behind my ear.

"You're not so bad yourself," I said with a grin. I leaned forward and kissed him, real short and sweet, and whispered,

"I love you Ponyboy Curtis."

"I love you too Ashley Randle," he said, pulling me close.

"We'd better go downstairs before Steve tells everyone what he saw," I say, getting off the bed. Pony does the same, but puts the flannel shirt back on. I lean over to put my hair up in a ponytail quickly, and Pony walks by and smacks my butt. I snap up, and give him a look.

"You horn dog, keep your hands to yourself," I said, shaking my finger at him. He gives me a sad face and I laugh at him and walk out of the room and down the stairs.

"Ooo, lookit! It's the lovebirds!" Two Bit shouts, but I just roll my eyes at him. I feel eyes on me and I turn towards the couch, and sure enough, there's Dally. He's staring at me and Pony menacingly. Oh crap.