Chapter 37; Ready

I put on my hero suit, and shoes, while everyone else put on theirs. I walked out to the living room, and sat down on the couch while I waited for everyone else to finish.
Isaac came out a couple minutes later, with the same black skin tight sweatshirt that had black faded into neon green sleeves that I did. Except, he had on shorts, hooked headphones that wired behind the back of his head, and blue boots. His usually yellow tentacles were now a pristine white, like mine. But his large teal eyes were still the same.
He had kensa dualies in his hands, and was also carrying his phone in his other hand.
"Ready?" he asked me.
I nodded, and looked around, "How are we going to get there?"
"I think we'll have to super jump" he said, "But we have to wait for everyone else too."
I nodded and watched as the others walked into the room with their new hero suits, and their assorted differences of shoes, weapons, and headgear. Elliot and Tres walked into the room in casual clothes. Tres had on a sweatshirt, punk whites, and her two teal tentacles pulled into a side ponytail. Elliot had on a camo sweatshirt, leggings, a golden toothpick rested on his right ear, and his regular pink tentacle.
Opal and Steven seemed like they didn't know what to say, as if their last moments before coming back into full conscientiousness were awkward, and they didn't know what to do about it. Opal had on the same uniform that I had, except she had on skin tight leggings, silver designer headphones, and neo octoling boots, and had her newly white tentacles pulled into a low ponytail. She held a large custom octobrush, that was almost the same size as her, in her left hand.
Steven had the uniform, except with short sleeves and a hood and pocket, a baseball cap, shorts, and punk blacks, and held an advanced clash blaster in his arms. He fiddled with the trigger nervously as Opal spoke to him quietly.
Phoenix and Marie were talking strategy and plans for what to do when they made it to the base. Phoenix has a sort of rough exterior, and is very serious. But at the same time, she seems eager and curious. I just couldn't figure her out. Marie at this point had gone back to her usual sarcastic and mellow self, and wasn't slap happy anymore.
Phoenix kept her composure, and wore the uniform, but had the sleeves rolled up on her arms. She wore skin tight shorts, red boots, and a gold beanie that she had over her white tentacles, which were pulled into a long side ponytail that draped over her shoulder. She held the scope of her large 4K sniper up to piercing white eyes. I noticed that her usually dark, almost black, skin was paler than usual. She seemed nervous out of her mind, and almost sick.
Marie had, at this point, now completely white tentacles that had lost their faded green, and were pulled into a ponytail that stayed below the bottom of her silver beanie and mask. She wore the new uniform with short sleeves and a hoodie, and wore light colored jeans that stopped before her stitched slip-ons. She held a scoped sniper in her right hand that she propped against the ground.
Everyone sensed the awkward tension in the room, as if there was nothing new to talk about except for the issue we were dealing with. Among other things, it was also hard to start a conversation with someone you saw so often, but only saw fighting. Of course, it was hard for everyone except Elliot.
Elliot walked over to everyone and made them smile before everyone else walked into the room. Tres watched him as he scattered throughout the room and talked to everyone so easily. And just like that, it seemed as though Tres' happy mood had returned. She seemed to giggle at Elliot's ability to talk to others like that.
For some reason, Isaac seemed a bit more serious, but I couldn't tell what for.
I attempted to talk for him for a moment by saying, "It's crazy seeing Marie without the lime color in her hair."
"Yeah, I guess it kind of is." Isaac said, laughing a little at the sudden statement.
"I wonder what Callie's hair is going to be like, I mean, we only only ever see her with black hair!"
"You seem to be pretty attached to this whole different hair color thing" Isaac said.
"Well, I guess that's the only normal thing about this entire thing."
"Maybe. Dang, the others are sure taking their time." Isaac said, looking over his shoulder at the doors.
Callie walked through the door right after that, with the uniform that we all had, except the sleeves only reached her elbows. Her usually black tentacles were now pristine white like the rest of ours, and were pulled into a long low ponytail that reached her thighs. She wore thin gold wired headphones, a skirt, and tall grey boots. She weirdly kept her roller in her hands, as if she was ready to splat someone that second.
"Oh hey!!!!!!!!" Callie yelled to me.
"HEY!" I yelled back.
"I'm kind of excited for all of this." she said, jumping up and down.
"I only wonder how you and Paxton aren't going to have fun instead of taking this seriously." Marie said walking over, with Phoenix at her side.
"I would quite agree. Paxton is kind of bubbly like you..." Phoenix said to Callie, before quickly saying, "Not that that's a bad thing!"
Callie smiled at her and draped the roller over her shoulder, as Paxton walked into the room.
Paxton, I had pretty much assessed immediately. He was bubbly and sweet, and seemed to only think the best of the situation. Kind of like me, but a little less blunt, and more considerate with his words. He wore the uniform like the rest of us, but it was a little big on him, because he was skinnier than most of us. He wore leggings, earbuds, and yellow boots. He held a slosher in his left hand, and his right on the back of his head, where his now white hair was.
"I think it's a little big..." Paxton said, "It's fine, I was just noticing that."
"Oh wow." Phoenix said looking at him.
"Yeah, that is a bit big." Marie said.
"It's not exactly skin tight like the rest of ours, but honestly, who says that's a bad thing." Steven said.
"It's kind of like mine." Evelyn said, emerging from behind the door, "Mine's a bit big too."
And it was. She, like Paxton, was skinnier and less adult formed, so the shirt sleeves hung a little loose, and the bottom of hers draped a little lower.
"I think that means it's comfier though." Steven said, pinching the fabric on his chest, and snapping it back.
"And it doesn't look too bad anyway." Phoenix said.
Evelyn wore sport shorts, a striped beanie, and gold high tops. She held her large heavy ink machine gun against her leg and on the floor. I couldn't believe that she was even strong enough to hold it. Her white tentacles were pulled into a ponytail that barely reached her shoulders.
"Dang, I can't believe that I was the last one out." A loud and raspy voice said, "Along with 'Rina here."
I looked over at Pearl, whose appearance looked almost identical to her usual. Her hair had only lost its lightly faded pink, but stayed the same short length, and the uniform looked almost identical to her casual sweatshirt. The uniform was large on her, and she's short, so it went over her shorts, and the sleeves were large. She had the gold high tops, and her hoodie pulled over her head. She held dualies in both her hands and walked into the room with confidence.
Marina closely followed behind her, with a varsity jacket, light colored jeans, and large headphones that caressed her long black faded into teal tentacles.
"Looks like everyone is here." Cappy said, emerging from his chair in the corner.
"How are we supposed to get to our destination? There's only one car." Opal said, looking confusedly at Cuttles.
"You all will be using several of Marina and Pearl's extra vehicles, along with some of my grandsquidos'." he said.
"Who are your grandsquids?" I asked.
Callie and Marie raised their hands.
"OH" I said, "That's why they're Agents 1 and 2."
Steven nodded awkwardly. Callie and Marie just looked at me.
"Ready to head out?" Isaac asked as everyone else began to talk to their traveling partner.
"Yep, ready as I'll ever be." I said.