Chapter 32; Final

Evelyn and I looked at the large vast lake that was in front of us.
"According to Marina, the last piece is under the lake." Evelyn said.
"Did you bring water protection?" I asked her.
She shook her head.
"Well, let's do this." Evelyn said.
I took a couple steps back towards the car, and then sprinted to the edge of the water, and jumped.
I saw Evelyn jump in next to me, then we began swimming down to the bottom of the lake.
I felt sick to my stomach because of the water. Evelyn and I couldn't see anymore, and were now blindly searching for a trapdoor.
I couldn't breathe, and felt sick holding my breath, and the pain of the water seeping. I felt around the bottom of the lake, and found a metal wheel. I gripped and turned it, then opened the door.
I fell onto the ground, and Evelyn fell on top of me. I looked upward and saw water gushing in through the door in the ceiling. I pressed a button nearby, and the door closed.
"So this is what an Octarian base looks like." Evelyn said, looking around.
"Have your weapon?" I asked.
Evelyn had an Aerospray PG, while I held my Aerospray MG.
Evelyn had on the hero suit, leggings, a biking helmet, and punk hunters. I had on my hero headphones, instead of the octophones, because the octophones broke. We both had white tentacles, and were both scared.
We walked farther into the base. There was water dripping from the ceiling, and no Octarians to be found.
"This seems like a common trend." I said, rolling my eyes.
"What is?" Evelyn asked.
"That there's no Octarians for a short time." I said walking forward.
"Okay..." Evelyn said unsurely.
"Then, one person that is sanitized comes out." I said, exasperated.
"Sounds kind of annoying." Evelyn said.
"Yeah." I said, walking forward, "Just come out already!"
"Okay, you caught us..." an echoed voice said.
"And there they are." I said, gripping my weapon.
A sanitized Faith walked out of the darkness.
I grabbed Evelyn, "You distract her, and I'll go get the last piece." I whispered.
Evelyn nodded, and I swiveled and ran.
I breathed heavily, and heard Evelyn and Faith shooting at each other. Faith had an ancient human gun, while Evelyn had only an ink gun. I worried that she would be hurt when I came back.
I ran and turned in the hallways, quickly searching for the piece. I ran past several rooms, and heard Evelyn scream. I turned around for a moment, then continued on. I heard Faith running towards me. I sped up, and swiveled and shot at her. She began to shoot at me, with barrages of bullets. I dodged the bullets by centimeters, and kept running. I turned a corner, then realized that I was trapped.
Faith came behind me and began to shoot.
I dodged the bullets, and shot my ink gun blindly.
Faith approached me, and pinned me against the wall.
She pointed the gun to my neck.
"Hi." Faith said.
"Hi." I responded.
Faith cocked the gun.
I felt someone slam into me.
I looked around after falling, and saw Elliot holding out his hand.
"Come on, I don't want you to die yet." Elliot said.
"Neither do I you, you should be resting." I said, taking his hand and standing.
Faith began to stand.
"Run." I said, before grabbing Elliot's hand and sprinting down the hallway.
Faith began to shoot at us, running behind us.
I saw Evelyn, and she was sanitized.
Evelyn began to shoot her ink gun at us, and follow us.
"What do we do, Princess?"Elliot asked, while speeding up.
"Do you think you can fend them off?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Well then, that's your job. I've got to go find the last piece of the ink connector."
Elliot nodded, and stopped running and started shooting at Faith and Evelyn.
I sprinted the life out of me up the stairs, and turned in front of a room.
The sign said, "ink connector"
I looked around me, and slowly turned the knob.
I pushed the door open, and saw a room full of guards, but I was on a balcony above them.
The balcony circled the edge of the room, and overlooked a large warehouse-like center, and in the very middle, surrounded by the guards, was the last piece of the ink connector.
I inhaled quietly, and tiptoed over them.
The group was too large to be splatted one by one.
I smiled and ran off the edge of the balcony.
All of the guards looked up at me in surprise and began to shoot.
I did a slammed splashdown on all of them, leaving the room completely quiet.
I grabbed the ink connector, and ran out of the room and back into the hallway.
I hoped that Elliot had been able to fend them off.
I ran back down the steps and saw Elliot still fighting Faith and Evelyn.
I grabbed the other two ink connector pieces from my pocket, and pieced them together with the last piece. The ink connector glowed, as I pressed the button to connect Elliot and Opal's old ink.
The contraption glowed in success, and I ran out to Elliot.
"Here!" I yelled, throwing the ink connector to Elliot.
Elliot caught it, and the ink connector glowed brighter.
Elliot shot at Faith, and Faith fell to the ground, and her sanitized color began to fade.
Evelyn ran up to Elliot and slammed the ink connector to the ground, breaking it.
"No!" I screamed.
I shot at Evelyn, and splatted her.
Evelyn wasn't there anymore.
It was just me, Faith, and Elliot.
"No..." I said curling up in a ball on the ground.
"Hey, come on." Elliot said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
Faith stirred, and I said, "I'll carry her."
Elliot nodded, and I stood up, and lifted Faith up off the ground.
...

Elliot and Faith were both asleep in the backseat.
Faith was resting her head on Elliot's shoulder, and Elliot was resting his head on her's.
I smiled but had a jealous feeling induce me.
I drove back to Humpback Track, where Marina and Captain were.
I hopped out of the car, and left Elliot and Faith sleep.
I walked over to Captain and said, "So we got the last piece."
"Amazing!" Captain said.
"But, now it's broken." I said, showing him the many broken pieces in my hand.
"Oh no." Captain said.
"But, we got Faith back."
"Amazing!"
"But, we lost Evelyn."
"Oh no."
"What do we do now?" I asked.
"We are going to have to fix it." Marina said happily.
"Oh, are you sure you can do that?" I asked.
"Of course I'm sure! I was in the Octarian Army, don't you forget. I can fix Octarian machinery."
"Great. Then what do the rest of us agents do?"
"Well, you guys are just going to have to wait. After when the ink connector is fixed, you guys will be the ones using it." Captain said.
"Okay." I said, looking down at my watch.
"Are Faith and Elliot getting sleep?" Marina asked.
I nodded.
"Is Marina totally awesome for being able to do this?" Captain said.
I smiled and nodded.
"Is everyone else sanitized?" Marina asked.
I nodded somberly.
"Are you going to give up?" Captain asked.
I shook my head no triumphantly.
"That's right, why?" Captain asked.
"Because the Squidbeak Splatoon thrives on hope." I said smiling.
We have to have hope.