Chapter 16; One

We had just bought Phoenix, Faith, and everyone, some new swim stuff.
We all walked down to the empty beach and set down some towels and an umbrella.
"We should go get changed." Pearl said.
"Okay." Phoenix said.
We all walked to the changing room and put on our swimsuits.
I put on a light blue surfer swimsuit, with a short sleeved swimsuit with short short bottoms. Opal put on a teal long sleeved swim shirt, and a mini swim skirt. Faith put on a yellow tankini. Pearl put on one gold piece. Phoenix put on a black bikini. Callie put on a tight pink swim romper, like her regular performing outfit. Marie put on a green skirt romper, like her performing outfit.
We all walked out of the changing room, and onto the sand. Faith and Pearl ran all the way into the ocean, and then got crushed by waves.
Everyone laughed. The boys walked out of the changing room, and wearing trunks. Steven sat down on the towels, and the rest of us fanned out. Elliot and Phoenix were playing with a football, Opal and Pearl were making a sandcastle, Faith and Steven were boogie boarding, and me and Isaac were sitting down on the towels.
This was a good way to get all of the stuff that was happening, off our minds.
I listened to the waves crashing, and almost fell back asleep. I looked around, and saw an empty white beach, with sea rocks, and large waves. The sun was blaring, not a cloud in the sky, I liked this kind of day, but I knew it wouldn't last. I decided to savor it.
I texted Serenity.
Hey. How's it going back there?
She texted back
Pretty good, but there has been less people at Turf War, I'm pretty sure that that means the operation is still going.
I texted.
Well, good luck.
I looked over at Isaac. He was staring off into the distance.
My heart began to pace. I stared at him. I then looked away, realizing that what I was doing was weird.
"Tres! What are you doing?!", I thought to myself.
I shook my head, trying to clear out the thoughts that had entered my mind.
Isaac turned to me. We both looked awkwardly at each other for a second.
Isaac said, "This is a nice day."
"Yeah. Way better than the other days we've been having in Inkopolis. It's October."
"Steven put some snacks in this bag," he pointed to a backpack, "Hungry?"
"Sure." I said, before he handed me a Seanwich.
"Yum." He said, after taking a bite of his Seanwich.
I giggled.
We finished our Seanwiches, and stood up.
"Want to dig a giant hole?" he asked.
"Yes!" I said.
"Ummmm, Faith is kind of drowning." Elliot said smoothly, after walking over slowly.
"What?! How could you not tell me that immediately?!" I said.
"Oh boy." Isaac said.
Me and Isaac ran to the ocean.
"She's really far out! And not in a cool way." Steven said.
"Oh no! Faith don't worry!" Opal screamed blindly into the ocean.
I could see Faith gasping for air, as she was slowly being splatted. The closest respawn point was back in Inkopolis! She had no idea how to protect herself from the water. Inklings and Octolings are usually splatted by water in Turf War.
I ran for a Jetski over by an abandoned shack.
I drove it through the sand as fast as I could, stole some keys, and started treading through the water.
The waves made it a challenge to get through them.
"Don't worry Faith! I'm coming!" I said, almost flipping over, after barely making it over a wave.
I sped up and glided through the waves.
I hadn't put on water protection either! I was hurting like crazy. The water kept hitting me. I slowed down, I almost passed out, but I was just feet away from Faith.
I shook myself awake.
"Faith!" I screamed.
"Tres!" Faith screamed over gurgled water.
I grabbed her hand. But it was too late.
She was splatted.
I watched her purple squid float over the sky.
She would be back in some random place in Inkopolis.
I started to pass out again.
I heard a scream from behind me.
"Tres! Tres!" Elliot screamed.
I fell into the water. Passed out.