Chapter 6; New

It was another day to train.
I had been there for about a week, learning the ins and outs of Inkopolis and everything in it.
Opal and I went early to hang out. When we got there, Cutts was talking to a girl. The girl had long yellow side swept hair that curled. She had piercing red eyes and was wearing a Hero Suit.
"Guys, I would like you to meet Agent 9." Capttlefish said.
"Hello." The so-called Agent 9 said timidly.
"Hi, I'm Agent 5, my real name is Faith though. What's yours?"
"I'm Serenity." she said shyly.
"I'm Agent 7, or Opal. It's nice to meet you." Opal said sweetly.
"Is it okay if she trains with you girls?" Cap said.
"Definitely!" I said.
We walked forward to the advanced training for octoling expansion battles.
"I hope you're both up for this." Opal said.
"I'll try my best." Serenity said.
We hopped onto the platform, and then it all went black. We woke up with the Calamari Inkantation, and ended up on a train. A talking sea slug greeted us.
"Why hello there 10,009! What brings you here, and some new ones?"
"We're here to train some, CQ." Opal said cheerfully
"Great! And who are these young ladies?"
"I'm Faith!"
"I'm Serenity." she said shyly.
"Nice to meet you! I'm sure Opal will explain everything for you."
Opal nodded and smiled, "We will use my CQ80 to get us to the stations."
...
Four Hours Later
"Girl Power Station, What kind of name is that?" I asked the sky.
"Don't underestimate this test. We might be here for a while." Opal said.
Opal clicked the button for us to continue, and then the train started to move. We hopped off the train and went through the equipper, no weapon except bombs?
Opal could see my confused look, "They have all of the weapons inside."
"Oh okay." I picked the autobombs.
"Who wants to go first?" Serenity asked.
"I'll go." I said.
I walked through the turnstyle and saw cans with each one a different weapon inside. I grabbed the can with dualies inside. I walked onto the ink pool and launched towards the map.
A recording of Pearl played, "Octolings!"
I looked ahead. There were 8 EXPERT OCTOLINGS. I thought, "Don't worry Faith, it shouldn't be that hard." I was wrong.
...
After two hours I had a revelation.
I was fighting the first octoling, when I gave up using my weapon. I tackled the octoling, and reached into her ink pack and broke it. I was filled with rage. I felt bad because Opal and Serenity were waiting for two hours. The next octolings never came. They were gone. What? I waited for a minute and a half, then the test was completed. I landed on the equiper and was given a mem cake. Opal turned to me and said, "Faith, WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"I attacked it..." I said confused.
"Don't do that! Those effects are permanent!"
"What?"
"You finished the level with that, but never do that in a real fight. You'll actually kill the person, instead of splatting them."
Opal looked at me sincerely. Serenity had started, and Opal and I started talking.
"Serenity is quiet." Opal said, "and that's coming from me."
"Yeah, I have to agree."
"She seems nice though."
"Yeah, everyone seems nice."
"I wonder what Tres is doing."
"She's probably mad at us for leaving her with the boys."
"She really doesn't like Elliot,even though he tries his hardest to swoon every girl."
"Really, I hadn't noticed", I said sarcastically, "but seriously. I don't see why. I like Elliot."
"Well, that's more than I can say for Tres."
Serenity finished after an hour.
"Wow Serenity! How did you do that?" I said.
"I just used battle tactics." she said.
Opal walked in and finished in an hour and a half. The entire time she was there, it was silent between me and Serenity. I don't know if she noticed, but I thought it was awkward.
...
After a couple hours we finished all of the levels.
"Would you girls like to do the boss battles?" CQ asked.
"Sure." I said.
Opal had an expressionless look on her face. We watched the scenes that affected the story.
We jumped to the first stealth mission. We sped through all 7 levels until we made it to the elevator to the surface. The octoling expansion was underground, when Opal and Elliot got trapped. Opal kept the same expressionless, almost sad, look on her face.
We got on the elevator and it started going up. Then, halfway, it stopped. Agent 3 and 6 were there. Opal, Serenity, and I climbed the rest of the way by a ladder. We were on top of a building in the middle of the sea that had a horizon view of Inkopolis.
"Is it actually sunset?" I asked.
"No, it is just that way in the simulation." Serenity said.
We were picked up by Marina and Pearl's helicopter. Then we completed the boss battle and watched some more scenes.
The animation stopped and walked back to octo canyon, and went inside Cuttlefish Cabin.
"That was kind of fun." Serenity said.
"Yeah I think so too." Opal said.
"Do you guys want to grab a bite to eat?" I asked, starving after 5 hours of nonstop exercise.
"I could eat." Serenity said.
"Great. Where should we go?" Opal asked.
It was then when we realized that we were all pretty new, and didn't really have a clue where to go.
"How about we walk to Killer Whale Fried Chiton?" Serenity suggested.
"That sounds awesome!" I said with stars in my eyes.
"Oh okay. I've never heard of that place before! It sounds delicious though!" Opal said.
"Then let's go!" Serenity said positively. That was the first time that Serenity looked comfortable with us, all day.
We started walking towards the door of Cuttlefish Cabin, when Tres, Isaac, Elliot, and Steven walked through the door.
"Where were you guys?" Tres asked.
"Just doing the Octo Expansion." I said.
"Who's the new girl?" Elliot asked.
"Don't try anything., " I said, "Her name's Serenity, she's Agent 9."
"Hi!" Serenity said.
"We were just about to head to Killer Whale Fried Chiton! Do you guys want to come with?" Opal said.
"Sure." Isaac said.
"Sounds nice." Steven said, more distracted than ever.
"I'll go." Elliot said.
"I haven't seen you guys all day, so of course!" Tres said.
"Great!" Serenity said, "I know the walking route pretty well, so you can follow me!"
"Yay!" I said.
We started walking towards a beaten path to the side of the cabin, it was about 4 o'clock so we still had a while to make it to Killer What Fried Chiton in time for dinner.
While we were walking, Steven said, "So... is there anything that you guys want to do tonight, you know to welcome Agent 9 to Squidbeak Splatoon?"
"That would be nice!" Serenity said, now standing next to Steven.
"How about we go see a movie?" Steven said.
"That sounds great!" Serenity said.
There was chatter among the agents, everyone talking to someone different. Opal whispered to me, "I don't think I've ever seen Steven so happy!"
"Really?" I whispered back.
"I think he's glad to have some new people on the Squidbeak Splatoon!" she whispered yelled.
I nodded and smiled.
We kept walking, until it was 4:55. I said, "How much longer, Serenity?"
"Should take about 5 minutes." Serenity said.
...
20 Minutes Later
" Oh boy, I think we're lost." Serenity said.
"Does anyone have shell service?" I asked.
Everyone shook their heads no.
"What do we do?" Opal said, scared.
"We'll be fine. We just need to find a way back to Inkopolis." Steven said.
"I can super jump to get a view of where we are?" Tres said.
"Doesn't that waste a bunch of energy?" Isaac said concerned.
"Yeah, and we've been walking for over an hour, and have been training for 5. Are you sure you can do it?" I said.
"Yeah, I'll get a view. I might be tired, but we'll be safer." Tres said.
We were in the middle of the woods, so she would have to jump pretty high up to see what was going on. Tres switched into squid form and jumped. We waited for 30 seconds when she came flying back down, and skidded sideways on her feet. She was out of breath, "If we turn right, and keep going forward there should be a~," she inhaled, "river that takes us right in front of~," she gasped, "Deca Tower." She breathed hard and fell to the ground. She passed out. "Geez, this is why we told her not to jump." Elliot said.
"Yeah, but she also saved us over an hour of walking." Steven said.
We turned right and started walking. "Wait. What are we going to do about Tres?" Isaac asked.
"Someone can lift her." I suggested.
"Who will be that lucky person?" Elliot said sarcastically.
"Just because you said that, you have to hold her." Steven said.
Serenity and I laughed at this.
"I can do it, if he really doesn't want to." Isaac said.
"Okay, that sounds good." Elliot said.
"I doubt you're strong enough anyway." I teased.
"Oh. Bet." Elliot said.
"Okay. Then lift her." I said.
"I'm strong enough. I just don't want to." Elliot said.
"Oh really~" I said, but was cut off by Elliot lifting me into the air and putting me on his back.
"See I'm strong enough." Elliot said.
"Really? I bet you couldn't carry me the whole way." I said.
"I bet I can."
I laughed at him. I only just then realized how awkward this was for me. But I wanted to test him further.
"I bet you can't run the whole way, though." I said
"Oh I can, sweetheart."
"Ya huh." I said in teasing denial.
He started running after Isaac picked up Tres, and Opal, Steven and Serenity started talking.
He sped through the forest for 17 minutes until we made it to the river.
"Told you." He said.
He set me down, and laughed with me for what seemed like forever. Everyone else arrived 3 minutes after us.
"How are we supposed to make it the rest of the way? Next to the river has too steep of an incline the rest of the way." Serenity asked.
"We could build a raft." Steven suggested.
"Yay! Raft building!" I said.
"Don't be too sad, 5." Elliot said.
We took some wood and started building a raft for 7. It took us about ten minutes to do everything to make sure it was safe. Then we finally hopped on, and started flowing down the stream. When we arrived in front of Deca Tower, Steven asked, "Still up for dinner and a movie?"
Everyone nodded, as we walked to Killer Whale Fried Chiton. We sat down inside the restaurant and Serenity said, "I'm so sorry that I got you guys lost." She looked down and Steven said, "Well, it was one crazy way to get to know us." He laughed.
While we were eating, Serenity's phone rang. "I'll be back in a minute, I have to take this."
Serenity left, and Opal said, "So, what movie do you think we should see?"
"I don't know." Tres said.
"We could surprise her. You know, take her inside the theater without her knowing what movie it is." Opal said.
"Good idea!" Steven said.
"What movie should we surprise her with, then?" Elliot asked.
"I kind of wanted to see Crabie, that new horror movie." I said.
" Oh yeah, I forgot, you're new too." Isaac said.
"I guess we've gotten used to you already." Elliot said.
"That sounds like a plan!" Tres said.
"Crabie it is!" Isaac said.
Serenity walked back and Opal said, "So, we decided that we were going to surprise you with a movie!"
"That sounds great!" Serenity said.
"Alrighty then, let's finish our food and get a move on!" Steven said.
We finished our food, and started walking out of the restaurant. Callie, Marie, Pearl, and Marina, met us outside. Everyone hugged as we walked to the theater. I couldn't be more grateful to have such kind friends.  I'll see you guys later