Chapter 11; Agent 10

I woke up the next morning, with another note on my desk. It read
Dear Opal, Phoenix, And Marina,
You can't just run away from Octarian society, it's where you belong. I'll be back for all of you...
Octar
Someone broke into Marina's house in the middle of the night? It obviously wasn't safe here anymore. Marina and Pearl would have to stay with us in the meantime.
I woke up Phoenix and Marina and told them the news. Marina grabbed all of her and Pearl's essentials and put them in a suitcase. We walked out the door. I was still in my clothes from yesterday, and Phoenix was still in her Octarian army outfit.
"Hey, Phoenix, how about we get you some new clothes?" I asked.
"Yeah, I probably shouldn't be walking out and about like this." she said.
We walked to Inkopolis Square at 5:00 o'clock in the morning, luckily, no one was there, but the shops were open. Marina needed to keep a low profile.
We walked into the clothing store and got Phoenix a part-time pirate shirt.

Then we walked into the shoe store and got her some punk whites.

 Then we walked into the head gear store and got her a red short beanie

Then we walked into the weapon store. She picked out an Aerospray PG.
Her tentacles went down to her waist, kind of like Marina's but they were thinner.
We walked out of the store and to Tres' apartment.
When we got there I opened the door with my key, and walked in to see Pearl and Faith watching a movie.
"Hey guys! Meet Phoenix!" I said.
"Woah! Another octoling!" Faith said.
"This is Faith. And that's Pearl."
"Nice to meet you." Faith said.
"Sup?" Pearl said.
"We need to head towards Cap to get Phoenix turned into an agent." I said.
"It was fresh to meet you guys!" said Phoenix.
We walked to the drain and slid through to the other side of Octo Canyon.
"Cap! CAP!" I yelled for him.
"Yes Agent 7?" He said as he walked out of Cuttlefish.
"I've got some info for you..." I told him all about the octarians' next plan.
"Well I think we will just need tons of Agents!" he said half excitedly.
"Well I've got one here!" I said, motioning to Phoenix.
"Well then, I'll get her a hero suit!" he said.
She had a hero suit that matched 5's with a yellow streaked skin tight sweatshirt, but she also had a black beanie, neo octoling boots, and leggings.
She looked really cool. I put on an Agent outfit identical to hers, since the only agent outfit I've had was a little showing. The only difference was that I didn't have a beanie, but yellow designer headphones.
"You are now," Cap paused for dramatic effect, "AGENT 10!" He jumped up and down.
"Well now! Don't get too excited!" Phoenix said over giggles.
"We're just going to head to some training, you know, basic stuff." I told Phoenix.
She nodded and grinned.
Our tentacles turned into a bright teal. And we walked over to the pot and went through with the pipes and landed on the starting point.
I used my hero dualies and Agent 10 used a new hero shot.
"When we are doing agent work, you call me Agent 7. Okay?" I said nicely.
"Okay! Does that mean that you call me Agent 10?" she asked.
I nodded. I motioned for us to go forward and to super jump over to the next base. We did that. We landed and I said, "I'm going to let you do this by yourself, just so I don't interfere with your training."
Agent 10 nodded and said, "Sounds good."
She ran and inked the ground and then swam through it. An octoling popped up in front of her and she splatted it with ease.
Wow. Better than most others when starting out. We continued on, and I watched her.
The shielded octo one. That one was rough.
She attacked it head on! You're not supposed to do that, so I almost screamed out to her, but it was her training, I couldn't.
She didn't get splatted.
What? When she attacked it, it turned around and she used tactics to impenetrate the shield and splatted it.
I was proud. She was really good.
She kept on surprising me, and at the end of the training to grab the Zapfish I said, "We grab it together! On 3!"
"1-"
"2"
"3!" we said in unison as we touched the Zapfish.
We got back to Octo Canyon, and I said, "You're really impressive for a starter!"
"Well, remember? I was in the army! I know how to fight."
I smiled.
It was 6:00 am at this point. We could grab some breakfast.
I watched as Phoenix's tentacles turned back to their usual red and mine hot pink. I said, "You may have to call me Agent 7 here, but you're not allowed in public"
"Okay!"
"We should go grab some breakfast."
"Sounds awesome. I'm super hungry."
"Well then, I'll show you my favorite and the freshest place in Inkopolis Square!"
"What is it?" Phoenix said excitedly.
"You'll have to wait and see!"
We giggled and walked towards the pipe.
"Wait a second." I said, "Follow me!"
I swam up the Cuttlefish Cabin and Phoenix followed, then I jumped from the top of the cabin onto a large rock.
And then another.
And another.
And another.
Then, we were up really high, and there was a large crane hanging over a large abyss. I walked onto the crane to the edge and sat down. Phoenix followed and I said, "Look at one of the best things Inkopolis has to offer."
I motioned to the sun that was just now rising. She stared at it in awe.
"I've never seen it before." she said.
"I know it's gorgeous."
"I only went out on the rooftop at night."
"Well, I get up early enough that I can see it every morning."
"Your vocabulary has grown since the last time I've seen you."
I giggled, "I got memories of you for a while. I had forgotten you."
"I'll never forget you."
I smiled and said, "you need a signature hairstyle." I grabbed a hair tie and wrapped around Phoenix's tentacles and put them in a side ponytail.
"I like it."
"This will probably be the last time that we'll be able to hang out like this is in a while."
"Why?"
"The octarians come quickly. And that much I remember."