Chapter 31; Fix

I grabbed my shoulders in pain. I didn't realize how hurt I was.
I looked at Elliot, who was over on the bed next to me.
"Can you be more careful?" I asked Evelyn.
Evelyn was sealing up our wounds after falling into a canyon, getting shot, and missions. I sat up, and said, "How much longer is it going to take?"
"Stop complaining." Evelyn said.
"That doesn't answer my question." I said, looking behind me to look at her.
"Owww." I winced in pain. She was stitching up the large scrape on my back that was from slamming the crevice walls.
"It's across your entire back, it should hurt." Evelyn said.
"Do you have any numbing cream?" I asked.
Evelyn kept stitching, "No, it's all at the hospital."
"I can't believe you got a job at the hospital when you're 16." I said, trying to change the gory subject.
"My parents are doctors there, so the other workers there trusted me." Evelyn said.
"You met your parents?" I was surprised.
"Yeah, I was visiting the hospital, and they were working there." Evelyn said, sealing up the wound.
I groaned in pain.
"Done with the back. You're probably going to have a scar from that." Evelyn said, patting my back.
I looked over at Elliot. Elliot was looking over at me in fear of his turn to get his wounds fixed.
"Elliot's got boo boos too. When are you going to fix them?" I said, pointing at Elliot.
Evelyn smiled at me, "Not until you're done."
"Ughh." I said, rolling my eyes.
"Onto the arm next." Evelyn said, grabbing my arm.
I winced in pain, and she grabbed tweezers.
"What are those for?" I asked.
"To pull the bullet out." Evelyn said with a blank face.
I gasped sharply as she stabbed my skin with the tweezers.
I winced in pain, "ow. ow. ow. That hurts."
She pulled the tweezers back, and they had a metal object in them. I looked at it in disgust. It was a bit- bloody. I then looked down at my arm, which was gushing. Evelyn quickly stitched it up.
"That one's going to scar too." she said, setting my arm down carefully.
I winced again.
"Now to fix the smaller wounds." Evelyn said. I looked down at myself. I had gashes everywhere.
"We'll start with the one on your head." Evelyn said.
She placed my head on her lap, and began to seal the skin under my bangs. I flinched in pain.
"Done. Onto- everywhere else." Evelyn said. She bandaged my legs, my knee, my elbow, my hands, my shoulder, my foot, my arms, my ankle, and put a bandaid on the back of the top of my head. The bandaid sat uncomfortably on my tentacle.

"Elliot! Your turn!" Evelyn said

Elliot looked at me in fear, and I grinned.
When Elliot was done, he had stitches in his leg, on his shoulder, and on his back. He also had bandages on every joint, his ribs, his hands, and his thumbs.
Elliot was extremely pale. He was limping, and groaned in pain.
"What's wrong?" Evelyn asked.
My eyes widened in fear, "He needs to eat something."
"What? But we just had lunch." Evelyn said.
"He hasn't eaten, or slept in days." I said concerned.
"What?!" Evelyn said.
I grabbed Elliot before he fell to the ground.
He was barely awake.
"He needs to get some rest." I said, I lifted him, to the car, and set him down on the car's seat. He drifted off into rest, and had his head on my shoulder.
"I love you, Elliot."
I hugged him, and fell asleep.
...

I stirred awake, and felt Elliot sleeping on my shoulder. I looked at him sleeping peacefully.
"He's going to sleep for a while." Evelyn said, scaring the living daylights out of me. I jumped up, and looked at her.
"Umm, it's not what it looks like!" I said, while blushing madly.
"So you and 8 are a thing." Evelyn said calmly.
"Wha- no-no-no." I said quickly.
"Just friends?" Evelyn asked sarcastically.
"We aren't dating or anything." I said calming myself.
"I know, but you like him. Don't you?" Evelyn said teasingly.
"Maybe." I said defiance.
"Well, I'll just leave you two alone then." Evelyn said.
"Wait! How long has it been?" I asked, stopping Evelyn from walking away.
"5 hours." Evelyn said.
"Well, I'm all rested, but I don't think Elliot is." I said, lifting Elliot off of my shoulder and resting his head on the seat. I hopped out of the car.
"Where should he go?" Evelyn asked.
"Beats me." I said, looking off into the distance.
"We better ask Captain." Evelyn said.
We walked over to Captain and Marina.
"Elliot is asleep. Where should he go?" I asked.
"He can just stay there. And while he is asleep, you can get the last piece of the ink connector." Captain said.
"Oh. Umm. Okay." I said, unsure. I hadn't been on a mission without Elliot for a while now.
"Evelyn can go with you." Marina said.
"What about my hero suit?" I asked.
"We can just give you a new one. It looks the same." Captain said, handing me a pile of clothes.
I got dressed and walked back over to the crew.
"Ready?" I asked Evelyn.
"Yep." she said.
We walked over to the car, but then turned around and said, "Wait, where's Elliot going to sleep?"
"He can just come with you." Captain said.
"Okay." Evelyn said.