Chapter 10; WHAT?!

I woke up. I was tied to a chair. My mouth was covered with tape.
I looked next to me sleepily and saw Marina. Dang it. I was having a normal night with common stuff, and then a whole new dangerous walks in. It was almost too common to be attacked.
This was different though. I realized that we were underground.
I looked around. I didn't see anybody but an asleep Marina. I worked my way around the rope that tied me to the chair and was free from it. I untied Marina and woke her up.
"Where- where are w-we?" she said groggily.
"I think we're underground." I said, immediately knowing the traces of my old home, feeling a sense of relief and anguish at the same time.
We walked towards the door of a metal room with loads of machinery. This definitely felt like we were underground with the octolings...
I unlocked the door with my golden hairpin, and me and Marina snuck out the door. We walked down a hallway and snuck past some Octarian guards. We found a room that was heavily guarded and decided to peak around the corner and try to get inside.
I found an emergency weapon and filled it up with ink, draining energy from me. Marina's hair color changed to match my hot pink hair. We stepped around the corner and attacked the octarians. I ran at them and splatted them with ease. Then I unlocked the door. And walked inside. I found a note on a desk with a clear broken light shining on it.
It read
Dear Opal,
When you find this, you're not going to wonder where you are. You already know. You couldn't escape sway. Be ready. You're not alone. But you're by yourself. We'll find our sovereign, and when we do, you'll be sorry.
Sincerely,
Octar
I set down the note. I looked around. Marina was gone. The room almost started to shrink. I looked wildly in fear. I knew I wasn't alone. The moment I stopped and closed my eyes and reopened them, almost on command, I saw something. I looked straight ahead and saw an inkling boy.

He was sanitized, or under Octoling control. I didn't even know that they could do that easily.
I looked at the boy.
He slowly walked towards me. I tried to act confident, but I was scared. I didn't have a sufficient weapon. He was an inkling, stronger. I didn't understand.
I couldn't use hugs to solve this one.
He and I realized at the same time that we needed to fight. I ran at him, my energy still drained. Shot at him, dodging his dualies' shots.
We circled around the room, destroying everything in it. I ran to him, dodging his shots, and pinned him to the ground.
"How- how did they do this to you?" I asked through a gritted beak.
"Why do you need to know?" he said with a hiss-like octo tang to his voice.
"It might depend on inkling survival, you know, the usual."
"I'll just tell you, not that it matters, you'll be dead in a minute. They just do what they regularly do, except stronger." he said with confidence.
"Cocky much?" I said, I didn't usually get this smart talk stuff unless I was in battle.
"Joke's on you."
"Really?" I said, holding my ink gun, pointing it at his face, I splatted him, so he spawned somewhere else, I needed to escape from this room while I could.
I broke into the vent, sealing it behind me. I crawled across the vent silently, I crawled over a room where I saw Marina. I looked closer and saw more octolings guarding her. I recharged my ink and came through the ceiling. I broke through the vent, startling all of the octolings, splatting them and then freeing Marina for the second time in 10 minutes. Marina didn't have much combat Agent skills.
We climbed back into the vents to be safe from the sanitized inkling. We looked through into a room and saw a map, all through this was mostly silence, it was much different when the others were here.
I looked and saw where we needed to be to escape and get to the surface. Marina and I climbed out of the vent, and started walking up a stairwell. We walked for a while, and finally made it to the top.
I stopped at a keypad.
This was familiar...
I remembered the code, and typed it in and then walked out onto a rooftop.
Marina and I looked around.
There was someone sitting on the bench. It was a red tentacled girl, brown skin, white eyes, and I knew her. I walked up to her.
She wasn't wearing the glasses.
"Gianna?" I said.
The girl turned around.
"Caitlin? Marina?"
"I remember you..." I said.
"Of course you should." she said.
"Well I-I fell and got amnesia, but I remembered you..."
She smiled at me, then got up and hugged me.
"Marina... you're free?" Gianna asked.
"Well, I broke free..." Marina said.
"We escaped to the surface..." I said, trying not to make it so Gianna would have to attack us.
"You fled from Octavio?" she asked, "Can I come back with you?"
I looked in surprise at her. She didn't like it here either.
"If you're willing." I said.
"Is your name really Caitlin?" Marina asked me.
"I guess so. Is that what I should go by now, or..."
"No, keep your surface name, like I did to mine. My name isn't Marina. That's just what I told everybody, even underground."
"Well then, Gianna" I said, "My name is Opal."
"It suits you. What should my name be?" Gianna asked.
"Phoenix, you're a fiery and curious one." Marina said.
"I like it." she said.
"I need to ask you one more thing. What has been happening with those inklings?" I asked.
"They've been sanitized. The plan is to sanitize them all. Until every one of them will be under his control." she said with a sad look on her face.
"They can't do that, right? Not with all of the agents around." I said.
"Well one got you last night, I remember them sending people out on a mission to Marina's house." she said, "I don't know if you guys are strong enough yet."
"We'll just get more people to join Squidbeak Splatoon." I said with a slight smile on my face.
Phoenix understood, and nodded.
"You ready to go to my house?" Marina said.
We both nodded as we ran off the building, and bounced into a super jump.
We smiled and laughed midair, the rush of this world.
When we landed, we were right in front of Marina's house, somehow. Marina must have used a magnetic thingy to pull us towards her house.
Phoenix walked in and said, "So now what, should I join Squidbeak Splatoon?"
"Well first things first: we need to get some sleep." I said.
"It's 2 AM." Marina said.
I jumped onto the couch and fell asleep almost immediately, with Phoenix and Marina at my side.