Chapter 23; Quick

I run along the shore, and then stop at a surprise.
"Well hello." Octar said.
He was standing on the shore behind me, holding an ink gun.
Thankfully, I had one too.
I pulled out my octoshot, and we began to battle.
We shot blindly, and dodged crazily.
I confronted him, and he started backing up.
We kept shooting for a solid five minutes.
When he finally slipped up, I shot him with my pink ink.
He fell to the ground, and his sanitized color faded from his skin and tentacles.
"Hello?" he said.
"Octar?" I said, kneeling on the ground next to him.
"Arthur." he said, stating his name.
"Tell me what the Octarian plan is." I said a little too quickly.
"Okay, okay, miss impatient. They want to raise the sea levels, and with all of the Inktolings, that's now possible. Don't get me started on who's in char-"
Arthur fell to the ground.
I looked around me ferociously, and then looked at Arthur, he had a bullet in his neck.
I cupped my hands to my face in fear.
I looked around me again.
I didn't see anyone, but it was obvious that he was shot with a gun. And that whoever shot him, didn't want me to know who's in charge. This boy was in front of me, dead.
I ran off the beach in fear.
And started heading back to Elliot and Tres, and saw them arguing again.
"Guys, we need to get out of here." I said urgently.
They both stopped in their tracks when they saw me and began to calm.
"Understood" Elliot said.
"Okay, then shouldn't we head back up to the room just for a while longer?" Tres asked.
"No, I think we should wait here if we need to wait. But why would we wait?" I asked.
"We need to stay here if people are in danger." Tres said.
"Okay, that makes sense." Elliot said.
We stood there for a moment and then I said, "so, what should we be doing?"
"Blending in I guess." Tres said, "we're just going to have to wait."
"Okay then." Elliot said.
At this point it was dusk, and the skies were changing. I looked out the window and marveled at it, acting like the innocent little octoling I was.
I breathed it in, tried to wrap it around my head, the situation that I was in.
We sat down and waited, no real purpose.
I felt my bag drift to my side, as I dropped it to the ground, too heavy to carry for that long.
I let it shift to the side, and then fell into a deep sleep.
...

"Opal!" Tres whispered to me, shaking me awake.
"Opal, we have 15 minutes until we have to leave, so if you want, I know you like the beach, you can go out." Elliot said.
I nodded in agreement and left my stuff, and walked over to the beach door.