Not So Unwilling: Chapter Forty One

Here ya'll go. Chappie 41. We're almost at the climax!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! Keep reading!!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Forty One

                I put a smile on my face as Tim's grandmother approached us. She was looking at me like I was the scum of the Earth. "Hello, Grandmother, I-" Tim started.

                "Who is this girl that you brought, Timothy?" Asked the woman, interrupting Tim mid sentence and analyzing me with her scary eyes.

                Tim gripped me tighter. "This is my girlfriend, Jasmine Leno, Grandmother."

                I smiled widely, "Hello, it is very nice to meet you, m'am," I said in the most polite voice I could muster up.

                She looked at me with disgust and asked out of the blue, "What are your parent's names?"

                I swallowed. "My father is Frank Leno and my mother is Rosa Recchilungio Leno."

                "I have never heard of them. What is your father's profession?"

                "He's the head salesman for Kowalski Auto Parts," I said, trying to make my dad's mundane profession sound more extravagant although I was kind of lying.

                "How much does he make a year? $200,000, $300,000, over that?"

                I was pretty sure my dad was lucky to even make $100,000 even in a good year. "I'm not quite sure. I'm guessing it's more in the $200,000 range," I lied through my teeth.

                "What is your grade point average?"

                At least I was proud about this question! "I have a 5.0."

                "Jasmine has been offered multiple academic scholarships by a lot of good colleges," piped Tim.

                I smiled proudly. "I finished two years of college already in high school."

                She didn't even look the least bit impressed by my achievements. "Why did you wear such a cheap dress to this event? I saw it in Macy's on the sale's rack. Do you think that less of what people think of you?"

                I felt like this woman had just hit me over the head with a shovel. My face was burning red and I felt like just killing myself right then and there. "I-I-I-I like this dress. I-I-I-I- didn't think it would offend anybody," I said, stuttering like a freak.

                Oh my God, I was screwing this up SO bad. I was never going to be able to be seen at Tim's house again. He was going to dump me and never talk to me again and date someone who was richer and prettier. I was so gone.

                She took a step closer to me with her eyes were burning holes into my face. "I take this dress as an act of disrespect towards my family. If you ever want to be near us again, I expect you to be dressed appropriately." And then she was gone.

                I curled up into Tim's side and I felt tears forming in my eyes. I was such a screw up. Why hadn't I bought an expensive dress when I had had the chance?! Instead, I bought the cheap one and caused Tim's grandmother to hate me with a burning passion. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

                "Hey. Hey, Jasmine," said Tim as he tried to look at my face, but I kept turning away. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. He looked into my eyes and his face softened. "Oh, Jasmine. Jazz, please don't cry. Don't listen to that old hag. All the hairspray has gone to her head. You look absolutely gorgeous tonight. I swear."

                I shook my head and felt the betraying tears roll down my face probably botching up all my makeup and making me look a hundred times worse. Tim pulled me to his chest and I buried my face into the front of his jacket. I tried not to cry anymore so my tears wouldn't ruin his suit, but a few did slip out. I wrapped my arms tightly around his chest and squeezed as hard as I could.

                The night was sucking so badly and there was only worse to come.

*************************************************************************************************************

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

Thanks

Love

Mel Bell <33

Song: Face Down by The Red Jumsuit Apparatus