Not So Unwilling: Chapter Thirty Six

I cried in this chapter because I'm such a little baby. I cry all the time, so don't jugde me. I think I have like overactive tear glands or something. Well, hope you like this chapter. Actually, I hope you don't like it because if you do, then you are heartless!!!! HAHAHA JK. And sorry I kept yall waiting. I went on vaca and crashed hard from partying like a rock star!

Here you go...

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Thirty Six

                I held my breath and cursed the fact that my heart was beating so fast and so loud I was sure that the people in China could hear it. I pressed my cheek to the cold, wooden door with my hand clutching the brass, doorknob, steadying myself from falling out of the bathroom and ruining my cover.

                Tim got off of his bed not wearing his shirt and ran his hands through his hair. His back was facing me so I couldn't see his face. "Dad, what are you doing up here," asked Tim in a nervous voice.

                "What. I'm not allowed inside my own home?" Said the man who was Tim's father in a deep and kind of scary voice.

                So this was the man that abused Tim. I had the urge to jump out from the bathroom and kick him in the balls, but I knew that that idea wouldn't get me anywhere but in the county jail or juvie or something.

                Tim ran his hand through his hair again. "No, of course not. I was just wondering what you wanted. You usually don't come inside of my room to talk."

                "I heard you talking to someone."

                Oh shit, I thought, moving back farther into the bathroom, but still being able to snoop.

                "I was talking on the phone to my girlfriend," said Tim casually, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and then putting it back.

                "Okay," said Tim's dad, his beady eyes searching the room," I wanted to talk to you about the game earlier."

                Tim shifted on his feet. "Okay, go ahead."

                "You're timing was all off. Against a better defense with bigger and faster linebackers, you wouldn't have been able to even make it to mid field without being smacked to the ground, so don't get all cocky just because you scored a few touchdowns against a team that sucks and stop practicing. I want you outside at the crack of dawn tomorrow. You gotta crack 4 minutes in the mile if you want to be the best like your brother."

                Tim sighed. "But, dad, I have plans tomorrow. Can't we do this some other day?"

                Tim's dad got this really scary look on his face that made me want to go crawl into a hole and die. I sucked in a deep breath and watched with my heart pounding even faster as Tim's dad's face turned deep reddish purple and a vein on the temple of his head began to pop out and throb. "You will be outside at the track at 5 o'clock tomorrow morning or so help me God you're face will be so beaten up you'll look like you were just mauled by a bear. Do I make myself clear, Timothy?"

                Tim nodded his head. "Yes."

                "Yes, what?" The man spat.

                "Yes, sir," Tim said in a low voice.

                Tim's dad took a step towards Tim with his beady black eyes pretty much popping out of his head. "Don't even think for a second that just because you score a couple of meaningless, easy touchdowns that you will ever be better than me. Because you never will, Tim. You'll never be as good as me."

                Okay, I was beginning to understand why this man beat up on Tim so much: because Tim was better than he ever was when he was a kid and Tim's dad is one of those men who can never accept that fact. Now that man seriously needed some therapy. And some antidepressants.

                "I'm a good football player and I won't let you tell me otherwise," said Tim. I saw the muscles in his back stiffening and his fists clench. Go Tim!!! I thought.

                Okay, maybe sticking up for himelf wasn't exactly the best idea as I saw Tim's father raise his hand to Tim's face. My heart stopped as I saw his big hand blur and make a loud, cracking sound as it made contact with Tim's face. I flinched even though I wasn't the one being hit and I felt tears begin to fall down my cheeks. I wanted to run out there and put myself in between Tim and his father, but I knew that by revealing myself I would only make the situation that much worse.

                The momentum of the hit made Tim back up onto his bed and he sat down with his hand pressed to his cheek. His father leaned down so he was face to face with Tim and he sneered, "How many times have I told you, you stupid boy, that when you fuck with me, I won't take it. Now apologize to me before I disable you from ever being able to play football again."

                "Sorry, sir," said Tim in a soft voice. He didn't sound like he was crying. But, that was because he was a guy. If I was the one out there, I would be crying like a little baby even though I knew that the worst thing you could do was show weakness against your abuser. I would still cry.

                Finally, Tim's dad left, shutting the door behind him. I ran my hands through my hair and I began to feel my eyes water up. Oh God, now I was crying even though it wasn't even me being hit. How pathetic was I?

                I slowly retreated from my hide out and walked around to the side of the bed Tim was sitting on. I stood in the spot where Tim's father had stood and looked at Tim. He was looking down at the floor and not at me, but I could still see the painful red handprint on his cheek. I felt the salty tears run down my face and I got on my knees so that Tim was looking at me.

                His eyes were sad and his lips pulled into a frown. He looked into my eyes for a while and we just sat there staring at each other not saying anything. I didn't know what to say and neither did he, so I just sat down next to him and wrapped my arms around him.

                He leaned into me and buried his face in my neck. I could feel his hot breath and I grabbed on tightly to Tim as I started to shake from crying so hard.

**********************************************************************

OKEY DOKEY SMOKEY comment! Fan! Vote!

I'll upload soon :)

Thanks !

Love

Mel Bell <3