Not So Unwilling: Chapter Twenty Four

yo. here's half of the date. i didn't put it all into one chapter. sorry. i'm too sick to write any more. i slept for four hours right after i came home and just started to write about an hour ago. i hope you like it. btw i think i'm like 830 something on the what's hot list. i was so happy when i saw that. who cares if im like 800 nd not number 1?! im glad to even be on it! anyway, hope you like this. comment please!

*************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Twenty Four

                Due to my own better judgment, I slapped Tim's hand away and crossed my legs. "Now drive," I ordered.

                He chuckled and pulled out of Lauren's long driveway. I saw her peeking out of her bedroom window. Tim's windows were tinted black, so Lauren couldn't see me smile, but she smiled back anyway. After our many years of friendship, we were telepathic like that.

                "Where are we going?" I asked as Tim sped down the road. He drove like a maniac, but I trusted him. Tim loved his car too much to risk getting in a car crash and hurting his baby.

                "It's a surprise."

                I scoffed a crossed my arms. "I don't like surprises."

                He glanced at me. "You'll like this one."

                "I highly doubt it," I said.

                "We'll see."

                "Yes, we will." I uncrossed my arms and reached for Tim's iPod. Who's Coming Home With You Tonight by Trapt was playing. I mouthed the lyrics and tapped my fingers to the music.

                I looked out the window. He was heading towards town. That was okay. I liked town. They had some really great restaurants and it was really pretty there during the night, although the crowd that went there at night was a bit shady. All potheads, but I was pretty sure that Tim and I would blend in.

                "So we're going to town," I said as we entered Gay Street (when they named the street, gay still meant happy).

                "Yep," said Tim.

                We were inching into the entrance. The traffic was even worse than usual. People were walking on the sidewalks in flocks all dressed ready to party. I looked down. I was also dressed to party.

                "Are we going where these people are going?" I asked, pointing to a group of girls and guys walking by who were obviously trashed beyond belief. The girls were all in skimpy, club dresses and high heels and the guys wore jeans and band t-shirts for The Maine, LMFAO, and Hey Monday.

                All of a sudden, I froze and I remembered what some girls had been talking about in school earlier that day. There was a concert tonight at the club, Krazy. LMFAO, Hey Monday, and my absolute favorite band, The Maine, were supposed to be playing. "Tim," I said, gripping onto the leather seat, "Are we going to the concert?"

                Tim looked away from the traffic in front of him and at me. "How'd you figure it out?"

                Breathe, Jamsine, breathe, I chanted to myself. I could not believe it. I was seeing The Maine in concert. I wanted to hop out of the Mustang and start dancing around like a maniac.