Chapter 14

Even though i have no vote or comment, i still have reads. Over 150 reads. I hope that means you guys like it. I know i'm not good at writing, but thanks for reading!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next few days, Naruto stayed cooped up in his room, thinking of nothing but his safety and his friends’. He could have been dead a few days ago if Kiba hadn’t admitted it…then Naruto thought it over. Why had Kiba kept it away from him? Was Kiba okay? What did Gaara do to him that night? If he remembered, he could have spotted a hint of hesitation in Kiba’s eyes right before he revealed who Sasuke and Gaara really were.

            Suddenly, [Naruto theme song] starts playing. Naruto blinked himself out of his thoughts and looked up at his desk. There laid his ringing phone. He reached over and looked at the I.D.

            Kiba.

            Relief wrapped itself around Naruto and he flipped the phone open.

            “Kiba?”

            “Hey Naruto. Are you home?”

            “Um…yeah.”

            “Oh okay. Are you feeling alright? I heard from Sakura that you got sick.” That’s right. He lied to Sakura the night before that he wasn’t going to school.

            “Oh uh yeah. I just got better. Thanks.”

            “No problem dude.”

            Silence.

            “Kiba?”

            “Hm?”

            “Um…about…them.” Naruto could feel Kiba frowning on the other side.

            “What about them?”

            “Have they done anything to you?”

            “To tell you the truth, they haven’t done anything…yet. Which doesn’t mean that they’re not planning to do it yet either.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “I meant, Naruto, that they probably are planning to use us or something later on. Just not now I guess.” Then Naruto heard Kiba…hesitate? “Um…lately, I haven’t seen Gaara either…”

            “Do you think they’re…murderers?”

            Both sat in silence, hearing each other’s hesitant breathing before Kiba finally answered.

            “Y-yeah. I think we better stay away from them for a while. Even Lady Tsunade had addressed that we can’t have any contact with them.”

            Naruto sat there, looking down onto his bed sheets. His heart ached for Sasuke. He didn’t want to, but he couldn’t help it. He never had a thing for Sai and now this. Why couldn’t he like Sai! Sai was a much better choice. He was also patient and very caring, but Naruto never saw anything in him except a friend.

            Then his phone shook in his hand, vibrating. He pulled the phone away from his ear and saw the I.D.

            [theraven]…Sasuke.

            “Naruto? Naruto? What was that?”

            “Um, nothing! Nothing at all. Uh um…I’ll talk to you later, ‘kay? Bye!” and quickly, he hung up before Kiba could say anything else.